Chapter Seventeen

Logan couldn't believe that he had gotten into this much trouble for one punch. But then again, he realized that he shouldn't be surprised about it; considering that the principal was homophobic just like everyone else in this school. So, when he was suspended, he was a little pissed about it having to go on his record but it was really shocking to him. And what didn't help anything was that James tried to convince the principal to take the suspension; which resulted Logan into getting an even longer suspension. James instantly regretted speaking up, but Logan assured him that it wasn't that big of a deal; it was already on his record.

Logan was afraid to tell his mother what happened, though, because this meant that Logan wasn't gonna get into the college that they both had planned on him going to. And it was gonna be a hard time trying to find a good college that would actually take Logan.

Even though he wasn't getting what he wanted out of this, Logan wouldn't have it any other way. Brian had hit the person that he loved the most – aside from his mother – and it pissed him off more than actually getting suspended. So, Logan didn't understand why he was regretting punching Brian. He soon figured that he regretted it because of the pain that was still shooting through his arm.

Logan wasn't sure exactly who started the fight, but considering the fact that Logan and James both got suspended he figured that Brian would have too. Instead of getting suspended, however, Brian only got a warning; which seemed to piss of James more than he already was. But James did nothing about it, deciding that he didn't want to get even more time added to his suspension.

XxX

Once Logan's mother showed up at the school to pick him up, Logan could tell that she was pissed. But at the same time, there was something about her that said she'd understand once Logan told her everything that happened. She was always an understanding person, and Logan knew that just by that way that she acted about the video leaking about Logan. But Logan supposed that wasn't exactly his fault; he never asked to be videotaped the way that she had been.

The whole way out to the car, Logan's mother said nothing besides asking James if he needed a ride home; which he was gonna deny, but thought that it was better than having to walk all the way home.

They sat in the car in silence for a little while, Logan and his mother trying to figure out how to start the conversation. James, who was sitting in the back, felt slightly out of place with the two of them, but he was a little curious about how Mrs. Mitchell was gonna react to the newly found information.

"Mom, listen-" Logan began, but his mother cut him off.

"Logan, I'm disappointed with you." She sighed once the words were out of her mouth. It upset her that she even had to say the words in the first place; she never wanted to have to say that she was disappointed in anyone, let alone her own son.

"Mom, will you listen before you say things like that?" Logan was upset, and it should in his voice, but he wanted his mother to listen to his side of the story. The principal only told Brian's side; which had him the victim, while Logan and James ganged up on him.

"We're not doing this right now."

"But, mom!" Logan began, trying to come up with an excuse to talk about this before she had to go back to the hospital. "I didn't start it."

"Oh, and who did? Your friend?" She quickly looked into the mirror and noticed that what she said seemed to upset James, but she wasn't at fault here. So, she didn't worry about apologizing.

"No! I don't know. I walked in, in the middle of the fight. Brian punched James, and it pissed me off." Mrs. Mitchell looked pointedly at her son, telling him to be careful about his language. "Sorry." He sighed. "So, I walked over and punched Brian."