Chapter Twenty-Five

Logan refused to pack any of his stuff to make things easy, which resulted in his grandparents and his mother to pack up all his stuff. Logan had sat down stairs, trying to figure out a way to meet up with James, without his grandparents and James' mother finding out. And to make things a whole lot harder on Logan, his grandparents had taken his phone away, saying that he'd get a new one when they got home.

He was crying, finding it hard to believe that he and James were so close to finally being together without any complications, and then everything happened. And truthfully, Logan was fairly expecting something to happen because he wasn't one to have good luck and he's had too much of that in the past couple months. So, to think that he was finally getting a break was a little laughable. And what made things worse, Logan had hoped his expectations were wrong because he had fallen for James. And James had fallen for him. And this was just cruel.

Kendall and Carlos had been kicked out of the house, as soon as he was told to pack up the stuff in his room. He was fairly sure that they had gone over to James' house to tell him everything that happened. But Logan wasn't allowed to even use the house phone to call James and tell him himself. And he wasn't allowed to answer the house phone, because his grandparents were kind of worried that he'd make plans to runaway. But it wasn't like Logan had anywhere to go. So, that was out of the question.

He was staring at the television, hoping that it would tell him what to do; but sadly, it didn't hold any answers. And Logan was surprisingly upset about that.

He heard the door slam open, and then someone was running towards him. He wasn't fast enough to see who it was, but as soon as the person jumped onto his lap and wrapped their arms around his waist, Logan saw brunet hair and instantly knew who it was. He could hear the sobs escaping James – or was that him? – and it made Logan wrap his arms around the taller brunet and hold him as tight as he could, knowing that his grandparents would be coming down the stairs at any moment.

They sat there for a few seconds, holding each other and crying, until – it seemed at the same time – they realized the short amount of time they had together. They both pulled away from each other, looking into the others eyes, and leaned forward and smashed their lips together. There was desperation in the kiss, as their lips moved together effortlessly. They got lost in the moment once James' hands came up and settled themselves on the back of the couch. Logan placed his hands on James' hips almost hesitantly.

But the moment was lost was ruined by the clearing of a throat that came from the stairs. They both pulled apart, James jumping up as if he was burned, and turned to look at non-other than Logan's grandfather, with his hands folded in front of him and a stern look on his face.

"Logan, I think your friend needs to leave." Was all he said, before disappearing back upstairs.

Neither one of them moved for a few seconds, reality hitting hard as tears began to fall from Logan's eyes once again. "Uh, I guess this is it…" Logan muttered, looking up towards James.

"Who the hell does that guy think he is?" James asked, anger prominent in his voice.

"James," Logan began, standing up to walk towards said boy, tears long forgotten. "He's my grandfather." When Logan reached James, he wrapped his arms around James' waist once again. "I don't wanna say goodbye." Logan voice broke at the word goodbye, and that seemed to break James out of his anger.

"Oh, Logan," James said, quickly looking down into Logan eyes and whipping the tears away. "I promise this isn't goodbye; okay?"

"How do – how do you know?"

"Well, I love you. That's all I need to know." James gave a sad smile and leaned in to give a chaste kiss to Logan's lips.

XxX