Chapter Twenty-One

It had taken Carlos a long time to get to sleep that night, mostly because he had been confused about everything. Well, he was mostly confused about Logan and James because – although he's observant – he just can't seem to understand what was going on in their minds. Every time himself and Kendall were close to each other, they would both have a knowing look; James had only recently gained that look on his face. And maybe it was because they knew about the way Kendall felt about him, or because they thought that the two of them were hiding something, but there was no doubt that Carlos was confused about their knowing looks.

And honestly, Carlos was surprised with himself that he hadn't tried his plan after finding James and Logan hurt because of Josh. Well, no he wasn't. He had thought, at the moment, that it was a sign that meant Kendall and himself weren't to be together. But now, all Carlos could think about was Kendall, Kendall, and Kendall. And truthfully, Carlos was a little irritated about that – even though Kendall was his favorite person of all time and he could swear to anyone that he loved the blond. He just… was a little tired of not being able to focus on Logan or James or Kendall when they were trying to talk about something serious. But he guessed that was just helping his image that everyone thought that he was. Which he wasn't.

Carlos – aside from being observant – was very smart for being the dumbest out of the four. He was sensitive, and he guessed that never surprised anyone. And he was passionate; not nearly as passionate as Kendall, though, and that was one of the many reasons why he had fallen for him.

When Carlos finally drifted off to sleep, he was welcomed by a dream that involved himself and the blond. There may or may not have been whipped cream and chocolate sauce, also. But that didn't mean that much, aside from Carlos thought that the blond would be incredible in bed.

XxX

The next morning, Carlos was woken up to a call from Kendall. And when Carlos answered the phone, Kendall asked if he wanted to hang out with just him for the day. Carlos had instantly agreed to the plans, and told Kendall that he'd be ready to go in half an hour, forty-five minutes tops. After he hung up, he ran into the bathroom across from his room and jumped into the shower after throwing off his clothes. He had quickly washed his hair and body, and jumped out of the shower once he rinsed off the soap.

About thirty minutes later, Carlos found himself in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal with his mother and father. His mother was getting ready to wake up his brothers who had to get to their hockey game that was an hour away, while his father was getting ready to go to work at the local police station.

He was almost finished with his cereal when he heard the doorbell, and he quickly jumped up and ran towards the door to answer before anyone else could. When he flung the door opened, he was slightly speechless; Kendall was standing there in a pair of slightly too tight skinny jeans, a white v-neck (Carlos was fairly certain Kendall stole it from James), and a leather jacket. Kendall had a small smile gracing his lips, and it made Carlos' heart swell with love upon spotting it.

Returning the smile, Carlos gestured for Kendall to come into the house. "I'm almost ready to go, I just have to tell my parents and grab a jacket."

"That's alright, take your time." Kendall replied with another smile.

XxX

Before either of them knew it, they were on their way to the park because Carlos had claimed to wanting to go swing. And even though he had argued with Carlos, Kendall had enjoyed the idea of spending time with Carlos in a place that the enthusiastic boy loved. Plus, he would never admit this to anyone, but Kendall loved swinging too.

When they reached the park, Carlos had declared that the last one to the swings bought lunch. And although Kendall felt a little guilty with purposely letting Carlos win, he couldn't help but smile at the thought of buying the shorter boys lunch for him; and it truly was starting to feel like an actual date, no matter what the circumstances were.