Chap 10

Swara was knocking over Sanskar's door next day. She was holding a bouquet of flowers in her hand. After all it was laksh's birthday, or that was what she thought!

Ravi opened the gate. Swara sat on the couch waiting for Sanskar. Sanskar came out within a few minutes. But his mouth fell down seeing the bouquet of flowers in Swara's hand. "Aaj toh tu gaya beta Sanskar! You are gone today for sure!!" he thought.

"Are Dr. Bose! Hwz u?" Sanskar sat near her trying to smile and praying to God that Laksh should disappear for 2 hours.

"Mr. Maheshwari! You okay na?" Swara was confused, "we met yesterday only."

"Oh haa! You are right! You are right!" Sanskar was still looking at Laksh's room. And then, all of a sudden, like a ghost, Laksh appeared out of his room.

"Aur ye Sanskar Maheshwari ki jaan gayi!" Sanskar thought to himself. But he still tried.

"Dr. Bose! Look at that beautiful painting." Sanskar pointed to the otherside so that Swara could not see Laksh.

"Yes! You like it?" Sanskar's gaze was still at Laksh who was filling up a glass of water. At that very moment, Sanskar was feeling like his water purifier needs to work 1000 times faster.

"Yes! Definitely!" Swara almost turned her head when Sanskar again pointed his finger, "Dr. Bose, that trophy kept there, that's my first award."

"Oh great!" Swara stood up. Sanskar again looked in the kitchen and sighed a relief, Laksh was not there.

"Bhaiya" a voice came from behind when Sanskar tilted his head knowing his doom is near. Laksh was standing with cake in his hand.

"Bhaiya! Why did you brought choco truffle cake?" Laksh asked. Sanskar felt the clouds of doom were raining over his head. Laksh hated choco truffle cake.

"Are! Dr. Laksh!" Swara turned. Sanskar felt thunderstorms in clouds of doom. Swara forwarded the bouquet of flowers towards him, "Many many happy returns of the day Dr. Laksh!"

Laksh was taken aback for a while. "My birthday?" He exclaimed. Before he could speak any other word, Sanskar jumped in between, "Ha laksh your birthday. Ab don't ask me ki how did swara get to know this. Obviously, I have told her."

Laksh understood everything. He smiled and looked at Sanskar who was literally pleading to him with his eyes.

"What happened?" Swara was confused.

"Nothing! Just happy that bhai shared this with you." Laksh replied while accepting the flowers from her.

"By the way cake has not been cut. May I ask why?" Swara smiled and said.

"Wohh...." sanskar scratched his hair while searching for answer.

"Woh... haaa... I had an emergency night duty na. Toh bas.. time hi nhi mila.." Laksh was stammering while lying, "in fact bhai didn't even wish me."

"Oh! No issues. Let's cut the cake now only."

"Yes... why not?" Sanskar happily looked at Laksh who was trying to kill Sanskar with his eyes. He could eat karela but not choco truffle.

And cake cutting happened. Sanskar took a big piece and filled Laksh's mouth with it. Laksh tried to plead, tried to push Sanskar... but all vain.

"What happened? You didn't like the cake?" Swara was again confused.

"No! No.. this cake was mixed with bhaiya's love na, so was trying to cherish it as much as I can." Laksh gulped the cake with greatest difficulty.