Chap-17

Sanskar felt a throbbing pain in his head. He felt as if someone was trying to hit him with hammer. He tried to open his eyes but light was trying to blind him.

He tried to put his comfortor over him. But his hand stopped touching it. It was not his regular comfortor. It was different. He opened his eyes at once. It was not his room. Instead of blue coloured walls, he was seeing the cream coloured walls. The curtains were white with red roses over them. Wall was decorated with paintings.

He tried to remember the happenings of last night. But all he remembered was dancing with Smita. He tried to sit but his head spinned so fast.

"Take this! You will feel good." Sanskar heard a voice. He looked in the direction and found a middle aged lady smiling upon him.

"Where am I, ma'am?" He asked.

"You are at your friend's place." Lady said, "First take this. Don't worry, it is not bad in taste."

Sanskar smiled and gulped it down. It was lemonade. His dehydrated body instantly felt better.

"Thank you so much, ma'am!" He said.

"Now tell me! Which is better?" Lady sat on the corner of bed, "This lemonade or those sweet roshogullas made by me!"

Sanskar couldn't understand for a while. But then suddenly, his gaze fell upon the photoframe placed on the corner, the lady, a man, and the bright smile of Swara. He finally realised that this lady is Swara's mom.

"Oh! I am sorry ma'am. I didn't..." Sanskar was at the lack of words.

Sharmishtha laughed a little seeing his this state. "You are at Dr. Bose's place." She said, "you first get freshen up. Breakfast is ready downstairs. I will tell you everything, okay beta!"

There was a motherly feeling in her voice that made Sanskar feel good instantly. He nodded.

Sanskar stood up but stopped seeing a note. A toothbrush was attached to it.

Mr. Maheshwari!

A very good mornimg. I am sorry but I had to leave for my clinic. I didn't want to wake you up. Mumma will tell you everything about how you landed here.
Don't stress! You didn't do anything wrong.

Have a happy day!

Sanskar smiled reading that note. He took the toothbrush and kissed it.

He came downstairs and found Sharmishtha reading a newspaper. Looking at her, it was evident how Swara was so graceful.

"Umm! Ma'am!" Sanskar said with lots of hesitation.

"Are beta! You came!" Sharmishtha stood up, "Here's your breakfast. I know you follow a planned diet but for once, chalta hai na!"

Sanskar looked at the breakfast. One side there were pancakes topped with maple syrup and another side there was parathe with curd. He smiled.

"Thank you so much ma'am!" Sanskar replied in courtesy. Sharmishtha turned around and looked at him, "last night, you called me mom. But now, sudden transition to mam."

Sanskar was taken aback. Last night he did something, which he doesn't even know. What else did he say!

"Don't stress! You didn't say anything in front of Shona!" Sharmishtha was serving a plate to him.

"What else did I say, ma'am?" Sanskar was gulping.

Sharmishtha laughed watching him like this. Sanskar scratched his head.

"Someone tried to defame you. They mixed drugs in your drink." Sharmishtha put forward a newspaper in front of him, "You see yourself."

Police raid over Sanskar Maheshwari's party.