Chapter 4

Michael's POV

I walk into the hair salon expecting to see lots of women and loads of girly hair products. I've gone to many different hair places over the years and most of them just laughed in my face when I asked them to dye my hair these, as they called them, silly colors.

I decided to try a new place today to see if it were any better, and so far it's looking good.

There are only a few people here and the entire shop isn't covered in pink blow driers or fancy decorations.

The walls are a darker shade of grey and the woman at the front desk has bright pink hair. Oh yeah this is defiantly my kind of hair place.

I walk up to her and ask for a hair cut and a dye job. She leads me over to a chair and has me sit down. She tells me that someone will be with me in a few minutes for my haircut.

I look to my left and see a girl sitting in the chair next to me.

Wait....Is that.....

"Zoë?" I ask. She looks up and her bright green eyes meet mine.

"Michael? What are you doing here?" She asks. She looks as confused as I am.

"I'm getting a hair cut and I'm probably going to dye my hair again, the black isn't working for me anymore-" I say but she cuts me off.

"You dye your hair?" She asks shocked.

"Um yeah. Does this really look natural?" I ask sarcastically.

"Shut up, it actually does." She says crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh c'mon I know you're only faking so I'll apologize and you can 'win' this stupid little guilt game you've created." I say.

"Ugh fine I'll let you have this one." She says turning back to me.

"Haha okay, why are you here?" I ask.

"I'm getting my hair dyed, too." She says.

"Oh. My. God. Really? You mean this isn't natural?!?!" I say reaching out to touch one of her teal strands.

"Shut up you dick." She says swatting my hand away.

I just laugh at her comment and talk with her until my stylist comes to cut my hair.

After she finishes, she tells me to walk over to the hair dyes and pick one. Zoë is still over there trying to decide which one she wants to go with. I take this opportunity to sneak up on her from behind and hug her. She lets out a small, surprised scream before turning around and punching me in the arm.

"Ow." I say putting on a hurt expression.

"Oh get over it you baby." She says rolling her eyes.

"What! So you get an apology and I get a get over it?" I say.

"Yep." She says popping the 'p' before going back to searching for just the right color.

I start looking, too and also have trouble choosing one. There are so many of them! There were at least 30 different shades of every color you could imagine.

I finally narrow it down to 2 colors, a bright purple color and a mix of dark purple and blue. I choose to go for the bright purple because it's been a while since I've had anything this crazy.

As I reach for the color, Zoë's hand gets to it first.

"Hey!" I yell trying to get the bottle out of her hand, but she dodges my attempt and slips under my arm before pinning it behind my back.