Chapter 21

Zoë's POV

Softness, comfort, and warmth.

That's what I feel.

I don't feel all the worries that constantly circle me.

All I feel...............fine

As I slowly flutter open my eyes, I look around and find myself in the same room from the night before. The beautiful white bedding wrapped all around me as the bright morning light shines through the open curtains. I smile to myself as I inhale the scent of Zayn's t-shirt I had on.

This was truly amazing.

One thing that Zayn had forgotten to mention was that his 'hotel' was actually a condo. But not one of those condos that are in a huge 50 story building, oh no. This was one of those condos where there isn't another condo for a few blocks. Not to mention it was also on the beach and it had a private pool.

But hey, who thinks of those things right?

I roll over to find an empty left side of the bed. My smile fades slightly as I search my brain for where he could have gone.

I finally just decide to get out of bed and search for him. Not without fixing myself up a little bit though. Duh.

I walk into the bathroom and gasp when I look into the mirror. My hair looked like a tsunami went though a grape juice factory. The purple locks were strewn about in every which way and my frizz level was 300. In other words, I look horrid.

I search through all the drawers trying to find a brush. They were all empty.

I am mentally abusing myself for being such a restless sleeper. At least last night I didn't feel like one.

Come to think of it, I haven't felt tired in the morning for a few days now. Huh, I guess sleeping somewhere I'm comfortable keeps me calm.

Giving up trying to find a brush in this bathroom, I throw on one of Zayn's big jumpers and my shorts before heading down the stairs to search the bathroom on the first floor.

As I enter the living room I see Zayn sound asleep on the couch. What the heck? Why isn't he in the bedroom?

I quietly tip toe over to the couch and sit on the edge of it. Looking at his peaceful sleeping face is enough to make me smile. I gently run my hand through his hair, feeling it run through my fingers.

Aaaaaand that's when I realized that I was being really creepy. I got up from the couch and began to make my way to the first floor bathroom.

Unfortunately with my luck, I stubbed my toe on the edge of the coffee table.

"SON OF A MOTHERLESS FUCKING GOAT!!!" I scream and collapse to the floor, cradling my poor pinkie toe.

Zayn shoots up from his sleeping position and frantically looks around trying to find where that noise came from. When he sees that I'm crumpled up on the floor, he rushes over to me and holds me to him.

"What happened?" He asks frantically.

I was in so much pain I couldn't even think of how to respond. I just sat there releasing my breath as an extremely loud, high pitched screech.

Zayn did the right thing of not asking me 'what happened' again, because if he had he would have been down a testicle.

He just sat there holding me until I was able to open my eyes again. I made teary eye contact with him and saw the worry in his eyes.

"I-I think i-it's b-broken." I get out through my tears, pointing at my toe.

"Okay, okay. Shhhhh it's okay. I'll get my car and we can head to the hospital in fi-"