Chapter 9: The Start of A Semi-Normal Life

Location: Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie; Paris, France

Year: 2015

No ones POV:

Inside the bakery, the girl's phone was ringing. It was her alarm...

"Marinette! Your alarm's been going off for fifteen minutes! You're going to be late for your first day back at school!" The girl Marinette woke up with a start. She rubbed her eyes and crawled out of her bed covers

 "Got it, Ma" she replied. Marinette walked down the stairs"Coming! I bet you anything Chloé will be in my class again." Marinette continued.

"Four years in a row, is that possible?" Marinette's adoptive mother, Sabine asked.

"Definitely. Lucky me!" Marinette replied in bitterness.

"Oh, don't say that! It's the start of a new year - I'm sure everything will be just fine!" Sabine tries to comfort her. Marinette smiles and nods, setting down the cereal. Several things are knocked over, spilling and falling to the floor. Marinette groans. 

"Do you think I'll find my Mother, Ma?" Marinette asked Sabine. Sabine just simply smile at her adoptive daughter. Down into the bakery, a tall man by the name of Tom was singing as he works.

"Papa, these are so awesome!" Marinette said to Tom excitedly when she went down to greet him.

"Glad you like them," Tom replied happily as he hands her the box.

 "Thank you, Dad, my class will love them! You're the best!" Marinette said as she smiled.

"We're the best, thanks to your amazing designs," Tom told his adoptive daughter. Marinette hugs Tom, dropping the box. he catches it on his foot and tosses it back to her. Marinette giggles.

"Thanks." She said as she kissed his cheek. "See you tonight!" Marinette told Tom as ran towards the street. But saw an elderly man walking down the street, across the crosswalk. Suddenly she saw a car coming towards the elderly Asian man but it didn't stop. She rushed and grabs him by his hand. She takes him to the other side of the street, dropping the box in the process.

"Thank you, miss. Oh! What a disaster." The elderly man said as people step on the spill macarons.

 "Don't worry, I'm no stranger to disasters, besides, there are still a few left," Marinette said to him as she took a deep breath. The man grabs and eats one.

"Mmmh. Delicious!" He told her. The school bell rings in the distance.

 "Oh no, I'm gonna be late! Ah, have a nice day, sir!" she told him as she runs towards the school in a hurry. The dear old man looked at a strange looking box 

"Thank you very much, young lady." he walks away with his cane on his shoulder.

      At a school known as College Francoise Dupont, Marinette runs towards her classroom. Almost late as ever. She took a deep breath as she entered the classroom

"Nino, Why don't you have a seat in the front row this year?" Mrs. Bustier the teacher said to the boy. The boy is known as Nino Lahiffe walked down the stairs to the front.
"Marinette Dupain-Cheng!" a voice echo in the room. Marinette groans "Ugh. Here we go again." she mumbles to herself.

 "That's my seat!" a blonde headed girl said in a demanding tone.

 "But Chloé, this has always been my seat." the little Russian tried to explain. The keyword 'tried'.
"Not anymore! New school, new year, new seats!" the girl in the glasses told her.