Preface and Author's Note

Hello there, welcome to "Played like a Guitar"!

Make yourself cozy, pop that bottle of wine that's been collecting dust in your/your parent's cellar (or just plain water, cuz hydration!), put your feet on the table, straighten your back instead of being a couch shrimp, and congratulate yourself for taking some time off for yourself. You've earned it!

Quick little side note before you dive into the story, I would like to clarify that I started writing out of fun, it was something that always intrigued me but never had the time or dedication to begin. With the current worldwide pandemic going, however, I knew I had to stop delaying it and take advantage of the spare time. Nothing particularly inspired me to write a romance novel, it was mostly movies, books and songs I included at the end of the preface created by fellow hopeless romantics which left a huge mark on me. I've traveled/lived in some of the places mentioned in the book so I included them so as to depict them more realistically. My baby is finally over, and ready to be shared with you all! Enjoy!

Usually I see my fellow Watty writers adding some of their own comments to their stories (totally fine!), but I prefer sticking to the classic anonymous novel style for an immersive experience. But yes, if you'd like to know more about me, here's a few things I love:

- Psychology (cuz mind reading)
- Astrology memes (cuz star alignments)
- Yoga and positivity (cuz f*ck grumpiness)
- Animal videos (puppies!!!)
- Baby Yoda
- Horror movies
- Having playlists for every possible scenario
- Ravenclaws

Please keep in mind that there is some foul language, sensitive themes and the novel dwells deep into some heavy topics so consider yourself warned!

PS: The protagonist's gender remains unspecified. I chose to write in first person with barely any physical descriptions of the protagonist so readers can relate more based on their choice or personal preference. For this to work in a romance novel, I've had to implement certain things so that there wouldn't be any indirect hints at their gender. I suggest you don't scroll and check the names of the chapters ahead as you may run into potential spoilers for the story. I added some paintings to set the scene for every chapter, with the inclusion of their respective titles and artist names. Don't forget to vote by clicking on that little star on any chapter you like, comments are also appreciated!

Major movie/book inspirations:

- Before Trilogy, About Time, A Star is Born, La La Land, Love Actually, One Day, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Little Women, After Trilogy, Me Before You, The Fault in Our Stars, Five Feet Apart, Boyhood.

Song(s) from my playlist that perfectly capture themes and emotions for each chapter will be written as comments under the first paragraphs.

2020/2021 Watty Awards contestant. Get ready.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Cover designed by the incredible @DimitraTzavara , can't thank her enough!

All rights reserved. @AndrejMilo