Four

Calypso's POV:

I spent my days observing the council of eight separately, trying to distinguish who might have sided with the separatist cause in the past.

Demitris father, Sir Aegon, was kind and thoughtful. He was one of the many leaders I had apologized to, claiming I'd lost my way around. He offered to show me around to help me become familiar with the castle, which I gratefully accepted.

Although I hadnt ruled out Sir Aegon for being a Separatist sympathizer, I was not suspicious of him. Hed given me no reason to be. I often asked him what the council was deciding, and though he didn't give me all the details, it seemed relatively trivial matters.

However, one conversation we had on one of our walks peaked my interest.

"I am afraid, my dear, there has been a halt on all offworld shipments to provide for the people of Sveylan." He says sadly.

"And the meaning of this halt?" I inquire.

He looks at me sideways, debating something within himself but eventually stopping at the edge of a balcony overlooking the city. Hes quiet for some time but sighs deeply.

"A separatist blockade," he whispers, still staring off into the city.

Mirroring his nonchalant behavior I look out into the city and quietly ask, "what do they hope to accomplish by interfering with relief supply shipments?"

Hes quiet for some time and grabs my arm again, leading me away from the balcony.

"Ive said far too much already, my dear. I do apologize for my candor, I did not mean to frighten you. You are meant to be our esteemed guest, not a councilor," he says kindly and smiles.

Right, I'm supposed to be an easily shaken frail child, wrought with misfortune.

"I am not frightened, Sir. I do have full confidence in the Council and trust they will make the best decision for their people," I say confidently, not believing my own words.

"Of course, dear child. Of course." He replies and we make it back to my room. "I leave you now, but do hope you have a peaceful rest of your day." He says and kisses my hand before turning and walking away from me, towards the Council chambers.

I watch him go and once he's out of sight I head into my room, determined to contact the Jedi Council about my recent findings. Im startled, however, to find Demitri and another young man lounging in my room as I enter.

I am startled but plaster on a smile.

"You couldn't have waited until I was in my room to enter?" I say sarcastically.

Dev smiles mischievously and throws himself down on his knees dramatically, grasping my hand.

"My dear princess, do not strike down your humble servant. I meant no disrespect. I only wished to gaze upon the beauty of your Elven Lestradian grace with my own eyes before I.."

I cover his mouth with my hand and lean down to his face.

"Youre acting like a fool, enough, please," I say with a laugh. Hes so ridiculous.

"A fool? I wouldve gone with absolute mad man," the boy sitting says with a grin. I meet his eyes and they seem to stare into the depths of me, piercing blue and sharp. His voice is soothing, a pleasant accent Im not familiar with. I smile at him and nod.

"Your friend is right. Now get up and tell me why you're here," I shake free of his grasp and he bounces up, standing halfway between his friend and myself.