Forty-Five

Anakin's POV:

I lightly touch the flowing lines of Calypsos drawing. The likeness was uncanny and the delicate grace with which she drew herself was nothing short of exquisite. Even though I watched her sketch this picture, I still marveled at the finished drawing.

Calypso acted off in her last hours here. She wasn't herself but I chalked it up to nervousness. Despite her anxiety, she never left my side. She said her goodbyes to me in her room, in the hallway, in the dining hall, and even in the hangar, behind the ship. She kissed me every spare second she could, barely conscious of those who could've seen us. She didn't care. Maybe because she felt she had nothing left to lose.

It was hard to see her say goodbye to her brother and sister. Aleksei wouldn't let her go until Juniper dragged him away. Its very interesting to see the twins' dynamic. Juniper was assertive and mature beyond her years. Aleksei was timid and fragile. They were both a mixture of Calypsos personality although shed never admit it.

They were going to be sent out in a few more days than the both of us. But Cal made Juniper promise to watch over Aleksei. I also went out of my way to ask the Jedi in charge of them to contact either myself, Calypso, Obiwan or Qui-Gon about the twins' placement. It put Cal at ease.

I'm currently laying on a transport ship on my way to Christophsis. Once out of hyperspace we will be boarding a Venator class Star Destroyer. None of the Jedi leaving Kamino have even see these Venators, but Im told they are breath takingly massive. Im nervous about being the general in charge of all the men and pilots aboard.

I hear a soft knock at my door and know its Ahsoka. I tuck the picture of Calypso into my tactical belt and sit up on the edge of my bed.

"Come in."

"Master," Ahsoka says. I see she has a bag full of her things slung across her shoulder, "we're coming out of hyperspace. Captain Rex asked me to come get you."

"Alright I'll be right there."

I strap on my shoulder armor and pull on my boots. I stuff a large bag full of my stuff and head to the command center.

"Rex?" I ask when I come into the cockpit.

"General, we're coming up on the Venator, but we were made aware that there is currently a separatist fleet blockading Christophsis. General Jinn is in desperate need of reinforcements so we will need a battle plan once we reach the Star destroyer."

Everyone looks to me expectantly and I try to appear collected.

"Lets wait until we see what we're up against." I say and they all nod.

"Coming out of hyperspace," a piloting clone says and we all brace ourselves.

The scene we arrive upon is everything I thought it might be, but nothing Im prepared for.

The Venator, lined red and yellow, is as intimidating as promised. I am aware from the holographic images of them that most of the ship contains the hangar, but it doesnt make it any less impressive.

I hear the pilots talking to the Venators crew.

"We'll have to be careful. We'll be under heavy fire. We'll have to fly underneath."

The pilot looks to me for confirmation and I nod hurriedly. Im not yet comfortable with the amount of responsibility I have. Im gonna have to get over that quickly.

As we head towards the Venator my throat tightens. I see it under heavy fire from Separatist ships and I look over to see Ahsoka looking wide eyed and frightened. I reach my hand to her subtlety and she graciously takes it and clings to my side.