Forty-Six

Calypso's POV:

"General," I hear from outside my door along with a loud knock. "We've just come out of hyperspace and are descending upon Poltyr."

"Thank you Captain. I'll be right down," I say and fall back into bed. I hadnt made it to bed till late last night. Or maybe it was early. You could never tell while in hyperspace.

My muscles ached from how much I'd been practicing in the small battle simulation room they had aboard our transport. I knew I wasnt ill prepared, I hadnt slacked during any simulation practices on Kamino. But ready or not, my life had never actually been threatened and I needed to be ready for anything.

I drag myself out of bed and to the bathroom. My hair was a mess and look down at it. It hangs past my hips and I worry about it getting in my way, regardless of how tightly I tie it up. Without a second thought I grab the dagger from my nightstand and cut through my hair, a pile quickly collecting on the floor.

I look again in the mirror and stare at my reflection. I run my hands through my shoulder length hair without acknowledging it too much. Knowing I'm already late to meet my men downstairs I hurry to get dressed.

I strap my sabers to my hips and throw a satchel full of a few of my things over my shoulder

I strap my sabers to my hips and throw a satchel full of a few of my things over my shoulder. The rest is down in the hold.

I hurry down the hallway and ladder leading down to the command center where Captain Kass and the rest of my men are waiting.

My men look at my newfound appearance, although none acknowledge it.

"General, we are ascending on the southern region of Poltyr. We were told you were familiar with this planet?" Kass asks.

I try to swallow the lump in my throat and say, "more so with Sveylan, but that's more of the reason I was assigned this mission. I was only on Poltyr for a few hours and then, only on the Northern side. I've no idea what to expect." I explain and Kass puts his hand on my shoulder. He must know that I left under intense circumstances last time, although I'm sure he wasn't given the details of my escape.

I head to the window and look down to see a small encampment below us. I have to squint because the sun has already gone down on this side of the planet, but I spot the transport Obiwan left on.

When we land, I watch as the rest of the men exit the ship but I take a moment to myself. This will be the last time I will be naive to what awaits me on Poltyr. I hear someone come up behind me and sense a familiar presence.

"Cal?" Obiwan asks behind me.

"Hey, Obi," I say quietly and I turn back to him. My eyes must betray me because he walks slowly up to me. He touches my hair lightly and raises his eyebrows in question.

"Decided it was time for a change," I say with a shrug and he pulls me into a hug.

We hear someone enter the ship and separate. Commander Cody appears and clears his throat.