Twenty-Three

Calypso's POV:

I know I was only supposed to be traveling for a day and a half but the uncomfortable position I'm in makes it seem so much longer. Now that all I'm left with is my thoughts I can't help but break down in tears.

I'm so mentally and emotionally exhausted and the weight of everything thats happened has finally hit me. I have to cover my mouth to keep anyone from hearing me. The ship begins to descend and I lean my head against the crate, breathing deeply to calm myself down.

Once the ship stops I continue to stay still, waiting for the best opportunity to escape and find a new ship to stow away on.

All at once I'm enveloped in comfort and safety. I dont know who or want is the source of this feeling but I instantly feel better.

I stand up and vanish out of the ships hold just as it opens. I moved so quickly that I doubt anyone saw unless they were first, a jedi, or second, looking for someone to hastily exit a supply ship. Deeming that both options were very unlikely I hurry into a crowd of people and get lost in a city on a planet I didnt know.

-----

"So whered you say you're off to young one? We're scheduled to stop in Utapau for fuel but then we'll be heading on to Oba Diah." A rodian smuggler says.

The pike syndicate? No thanks.

"Utapau is perfect. Thanks," I say and settle back into my seat.

The planet Drunost was an unpleasant place. Id spent about an hour there trying to persuade anyone to give me a ride to a planet closer to home but it appeared all the available ships were heading back towards where I'd just escaped or into separatist controlled territory.

However, upon making my way to the  saloon I found a band of undesirables loudly discussing their uncemented plans for travel. Id become friendly with them and they seemed more than willing to have a rogue Elf join their crew, if only for a short trip to Utapau.

I didn't trust any of them for a second but they were the easiest way to get to where I needed. I kept my dagger in easy reach at all times but always kept calm, to not alert them to my distrust of them.

"Where you coming from, young one?" The copilot, a older gentlemen, asks me. He seemed the least unkind but I still wouldn't trust him farther than what I needed them all for.

"Sveylan." I say and they look at eachother before they turn back to me.

"Ive heard bad things about Kili recently. How'd you manage to get out?" They ask and they narrow their eyes, becoming suspicious of me.

"Carefully," I say and then fall silent. They have no need to know my business. They're smugglers and if I wasnt without my sabers and didn't depend on them for escape, I would be arresting them for transporting illegal contraband.

"Fine, fine, I understand you don't want to share your business with strangers," the copilot says and turns back to the controls. "But we have as little reason to trust you as you do to trust us."

I nod even though he's not looking at me and we travel into hyperspace, in silence.

-----

I'm standing on a landing platform in Utapaus hangar. I had watched the ship thatd brought me here until it ascended out of the sink hole where the residents here had built their civilization.

Thankfully, no problems arose with the smugglers and they drop me off in Utapau just as they said. And now, I just had to find another ship to take me a little closer to home.