Ten

Calypso's POV:

"I think we need to talk."

My chest tightens and my breathes become shallow.

How did he find the hologram? Does he know who I am?

I try and appear calm and collected even though every sense in my body is telling me to run. Depending on what he knows, I have to leave Sveylan soon.

"About what?" I say evenly.

He waves his hand to the chair he was just in and puts his hand on the small of my back, "take a seat."

I could fight this. Grab the dagger in my boot and get away from him.

But what would be the point? Being defensive would only confirm his suspicions and I don't even know all he knows. So I'll just have to wait.

I sit down and fold my hands in my lap to keep them from shaking. He tosses his cigarette down on the ground and crushes it under his feet. Disgusting habit.

He sits on the edge of my bed and lights up another cigarette, watching me like he's trying to decide how to talk to me.

"Who are you, really?" He asks.

I clear my throat and prepare the story orchestrated for me, "Calypso Constinella, former princess of Lestrad."

He chuckles darkly and stands, taking another drag from his cigarette.

"See, now I know that part of that is true. I've asked about you enough to know that much. But I also know you are intelligent and tactfully aloof. You're hiding something and I will get you to tell me what that is," he says and walks towards me.

"Now," he says and stops right in front of my chair before grabbing onto the the arms of it, "tell me the truth."

I start again, "my... name is Calypso.."

"I said the truth!" He shouts and I flinch, moving away from him.

He steps back and grins, "Youre on edge, when you are normally well composed and unreadable. This is how I know you're hiding something."

I have been in many worse situations, near death in fact. But this one unsettles me to my core. Not because I feel like Demitri would hurt me, I don't think he would ever physically do that, but because he's scaring me. And for as long as I've been trying to figure him out, I didn't see this coming.

I debate what to tell him. I, of course, cant tell him I'm a Jedi. That would ruin every peaceful standing the Jedi have with neutral systems. But I could spin the truth about me being a spy. It would satisfy him and ill just have to pray on his discretion.

I finally look up at him and say, "My name is actually Calypso and I am the former princess from Lestrad. But I came here for separate reasons than I claimed."

He sits down on the edge of my bed and motions his hand for me to continue.

I sigh, "I was sent here to see if Kili remains a neutral system."

"Why?" He demands.

"Quinnen Ford, newly appointed king of Lestrad." I lie and it appears that he is starting to believe me.

He strokes his chin, the same way Obiwan does. It makes me miss him.

Last I heard of Obiwan, Satine and him had gotten married and she was pregnant with their second child, a girl. Obiwan had never ended up returning to Coruscant to properly resign from the Jedi Order or return his weapon. My father believed it was partly because Obiwan was not ready to give up his Jedi title and also, Obis lightsaber was as much a part of him as all our lightsabers were part of us.