Chapter 1

This strip is annoying. First of all, why is it pink? Is it because it was made for women? These manufacturing companies do realize that there are women out there who hate the colour pink? Women like me.

Secondly, it's shape is weird. Is it supposed to be shaped like a dick or am i just seeing it this way? If they had attempted to make this for women by making it pink then why shape it like a dick? That makes no sense.

"So what're you gonna do?" My mother asked from behind me. I didn't have to look at her to see that she was crying, her voice cracked. Why are these past centuries mothers so emotional? I mean c'mon mom, the era of using your tears to express emotions has passed. It's all humour now.

I sighed, not wanting to answer her question. This is going to be a long night. One that's stressful and would have me stress eating everything in sight which is bad. I don't want to be fat. But if i choose to do this i will be fat.

The thought of my family being outrageously religious crossed my mind which reminded me that i couldn't get an abortion. I can try, though. I could sneak out, tell my parents I'm staying at Annie's for a week and then say i have a miscarriage but I'm not a convincing liar. Maa would see right through it. So will Annie and Dad. And they will not understand. I won't be surprised if they burned me alive for getting an abortion, they're that religious. It's honestly quite frightening sometimes.

I can't keep the baby either. I'm not cut out to be a mother. For starters, I'm only 20. I mean, i know people have had kids when they were 15 but i won't be mature enough to have a kid until I'm 60, Annie's words not mine.

I'm not even sure how it happened. Despite being married for 3 years, we still used a condom. We both knew we weren't going to be good parents, so we didn't want to ruin a life. Then how is this possible? I should sue that condom company. I should've taken the morning after-pill.

Well, revenge and regrets won't get me anywhere. C'mon you stupid idiot, make a decision, i myself.

"Can i give it up for adoption?" I asked Maa, turning around to look at her.

She gasped. I kid you not, she literally gasped like she was in an 80's drama and she just found out her husband sold her precious pearls. She can be really dramatic sometimes.

I, in return, widened my eyes in surprise and looked at her. "Jesus maa, What's wrong with adoption?"

"It's wrong, Helena, god didn't give you a baby to just give it away. It's a blessing from god..."

I rolled my eyes as she started with her religious beliefs. I was so tired and so hungry. I'm definitely ordering a pizza as soon as mom leaves my room. "I'm pretty sure the holy book has nothing against adoption maa." I said, whilst looking at the pregnancy test strip again hoping the results to be different.

"It does, you'd have known if you'd have read it."

I couldn't resist rolling my eyes again but this time i did it with exasperated sigh.

"It's a blessing, my darling. You can raise that kid here, I'll help you. Maybe because of this baby, Dexter might come back. Don't you see, it's all part of god's plan."

My three year husband left to persue his dream, not before making me completely give up on mine and leaving me pregnant only to come back? What a plan, god! I mean, you deserve a standing ovation. I would've done it but I'm really tired and hungry. You know god, it would've been easier to just kill me you know. You could've tortured me all you want up there.

"Dexter's gone maa. He's not coming back. Why doesn't no one get that?" I said. I should be the one hung up on the idea of him coming back but instead my family has taken the role of desperate housewife waiting by the fire with her 3 cats.