CHAPTER 4: He Said: About His Special Memory of the Rain

Finished writing his report and submitting it three days earlier than the deadline, Ik Jun felt that he could now breathe a little. He thought of rounding up the squad for karaoke. All of them agreed except Song Hwa. She had earlier plans with her boyfriend to celebrate their one hundred days of relationship.

He and the rest of the guys agreed to meet at the university lobby at six. Only fifteen minutes to go, but nature called, so he had to answer. He entered the men's room and went for the cubicle instead of the urinals. Why? He just felt like doing so, for a change. Then, he heard a group of students came in.

"Do you have it?" One of the students asked.

"Ye, exactly what you wanted," the second one answered.

"Ya, you only need one," the third one joined in. "It's enough to knock her out for eight hours."

"Andwae," the first one again. "I don't think eight hours would be enough with Song Hwa...."

Ik Jun's head almost blew up upon hearing Song Hwa's name. He was not able to catch what they said afterwards. All he was thinking of was how to get to Song Hwa and warn her--save her--from this predicament.

He was dialing her number when he heard the students went out of the men's room. He immediately opened the cubicle door and got out of it, exactly at the same time the three started running. He quickly stepped out of the men's room and saw the three running through the hallway towards the staircase. He was not able to see who they were running after, but somehow, he had a feeling--and he knew--that it was Song Hwa. Her phone started ringing, but there was no answer. He decided to call the rest of the guys. He dialed Jun Wan's number first and told him to look for Song Hwa and never let her out of his sight if he ever finds her.

"...I'll explain later," he concluded before hanging up on him.

He then called Jeong Won and Seuk Hyung respectively to tell them the same thing but left the explanation for later.

They separately searched for her for almost an hour. When they met at the lobby--where they were supposed to meet an hour ago--Jun Wan, Jeong Won and Seuk Hyung, who obviously had no idea about the severity of the situation, asked him for them to have dinner first before continuing the search for Song Hwa. But he was too concerned to eat, he just decided to let the others go. Yet, they did not leave until they knew what was behind his seemingly overreaction.

He thought twice whether to tell the guys or not. In the end, he decided to keep it for himself. He thought of her rights to keep her personal affairs private, even from them. He also did not know how the others would react--especially Jun Wan, who was very much protective of Song Hwa. Lastly, he thought that if she wanted them to know about this, she would--and should--tell it to them herself.

"Amugeotdo...Geunyang..." he answered. "I wanted her to join us for karaoke, so I thought of kidnapping her...."

"Jinjja?" Jeong Won asked with obvious disbelief.

"That was your plan?" Jun Wan asked. "Neon jeongmal michyeosseo, alji?"

Seuk Hyung just stared at him and sighed heavily, probably thinking the same as Jun Wan.

He just shrugged his shoulders and smiled. That was it. He need not say more.

"Aish...Duaesseo...I'm out," Jun Wan said as he turned to leave.

"Call me when you find her," Jeong Won reminded him as he went after Jun Wan.

"Kalgeyo," Seuk Hyung bid as he followed the two.

He tried calling Song Hwa again, but same as it was for almost an hour, the phone was unattended. It was almost seven o'clock, and the sky was already dark.