CHAPTER 31: She Said: About the Neurosurgery Team's Dinner (Part 2)

The Spin-the-Bottle Truth or Dare game became more exciting when Ik Jun amped it up with the regular glass filled with soju. The NS team, obviously wanting to pry the truth on Seuk Min's feelings for Seun Bin, would not stop asking him about it. But obviously, the inquirers had not learned their lessons yet.

Until the bottle stopped spinning to point at Ik Jun.

"Ask me anything you want to know. I'll tell you everything."

Of course, Song Hwa knew what Ik Jun meant when he said he would tell them everything. But it seemed that he did not, and it was too late to warn him. Seun Bin already leaped into action to apply his lesson. After apologizing to her, she rephrased her question to comply with what Ik Jun had suggested earlier.

"Professor Lee, had there been a moment when you considered Professor Chae to be more than a friend?"

"You're actually curious about that?" She asked Seun Bin. She never thought she—or the entire NS team—would be interested in her personal affairs.

Insisting that they were just friends fell on deaf ears. Nobody seemed to believe her. Knowing Ik Jun, she silently waited for him join in to confirm her statement and deny the question. What he did next, she never anticipated even in her wildest—or weirdest—dreams.

After a few moments of silence, she thought he would speak up. But instead, he reached for the soju-filled regular glass and gulped it down. Surprised, Seun Bin covered her mouth with her hands, and the NS team guys' mouth were all agape, except for Chi Hong, who looked more on the worried than on the excited side.

Song Hwa was astounded. It was as if someone pressed a remote control and she was muted.

"No comment halkke." Ik Jun concluded after emptying the glass and slamming it softly on the table.

"No comment? You practically said 'yes' by doing that!" Seun Bin excitedly pointed out.

Her thoughts exactly. What was Ik Jun trying to say? What was he doing? What was he up to? She had no idea. Her heart pounded so fast, fearful of what he might say or do next. They should have left when the game commenced. She realized it too late. How would he—or they—get out of this tight situation?

"Seun Bin, how dare you talk to me as if I'm a friend? I'm a professor...." He reprimanded.

Then, turning to her, he asked: "Didn't I totally sound like an old geezer just now?"

Everyone started laughing. She, at the moment, was still a little confused about how she would react.

Omo...That was a confession.

Then, Ik Jun apologized for what he said—about not commenting on the question or about scolding Seun Bin—she did not know, and perhaps, nobody on that table actually did.

That was...a confession, geureoji?

"I really mean it. Okay! Let's move on!" He said after apologizing a few times.

She was quite surprised at how Ik Jun managed to escape when he was almost hanging by a thread. She would never have thought about it. Only he could pull it off the way he did. That was perfectly executed.

Maybe we should leave....

Interestingly, the situation was reversed—Ik Jun was now the one ignoring her request to leave. He was having a great time. But there seemed to be a problem—the alcohol was getting in his head. The beer and soju were getting a hold of his senses. They really should be leaving before Ik Jun turned into a drunken mess of a doc. But as before, it seemed as if she was talking to the wind.