12.

I just want to thank you guys for all the sweet comments and votes. The love I have gotten on this book is amazing. Here's another chapter xo

I woke up the next day to my blaring alarm. I groaned before shoving a pillow over my head, trying to block out the sound.

When it didn't work, I sat up hitting the stop button. I rolled out of bed, landing with a thump on the floor. I hate mornings. I think I have separation issues with my bed. It's just such a warm and comfortable place, you know?

My bed isn't always the safest place either. I have bad nightmares which are actually memories. I'm surprised I haven't had one since i've been here. Although I probably just jinxed it.

Last night I talked to dad about how I ended up with my mother. I feel better knowing that they didn't send me away.

I ended up feeling more anger then normal towards my mother. I didn't know her reasonings behind leaving and dragging me with her. I felt confused on what I wished would have happened. I forced myself to stop thinking of that because I can't change the past.

When she took me, I was too little to know what was going on. My dad did say there is more to it. I can't help but to wonder what it could be.

I walked into my bathroom, feeling the cold marble tile under my feet. I winced at the brightness of the lights when I hit the switch.

I turned on the shower before stripping my clothes. I got in, standing under the hot water. I did everything I needed to before stepping out.

I wrapped a towel around myself before wiping my hand over the foggy mirror, clearing a part of it.

I stared at my reflection, looking into my lifeless eyes. I ran my hands through my soaked hair. The bruises on my shoulders were visible, disappearing under the towel.

I became worried. My ribs have been hurting more then I think they should be. I unwrapped the towel, wincing. The pain was the worst i've ever felt. The skin was a deep purple and looked like it got worse.

I didn't want to go to my brothers. I took the pain killers out of my bag to find it was empty. I sat on the floor with a huff. What was I going to do now?

I got dressed while coming to a conclusion. The best think I could think of was to just take it easy the next few days. I know, I know. I'm a dumb person but I would really like to keep this away from my brothers and father because then they would ask questions that I wasn't ready to answer.

I walked down stairs after doing my make up. My father and brothers all sat around the island. I grabbed an apple before sitting down.

"Is that all your going to eat?" Ryan asked, making  all of my brothers turn to look at me.

"Yep" I said not even looking at them.

"You should really eat some more" Jason sent a small smile.

"I'm good." I got up quickly, heading to the trash can.

I got up too fast and hit my ribs on the side of the island. I almost screamed in pain. My brothers all turned to look at me in concern.

"Are you okay Raven?" Eli asked concerned.

"Mhm" I nodded while still leaning down. My eyes began tearing up through the pain. I couldn't move.

"Are you sure?" My father asked, getting ready to come over to me.

"I'm fine" I said coldly while putting my hand up.

I limped over to the trash throwing the apple core out. I still felt my brothers curious looks on my back.

•*•*•*•

We got to school and I was not in the mood. I walked to class ignoring everyone. People looked at me and moved out of my way. I guess after punching Brittney yesterday people weren't messing with me.

I sat in my normal seat in the back, next to mystery boy. He was already sitting there but didn't have a hood on today. He wore a black t shirt that showed of his muscles and dark jeans.

He made eye contact with me for a split second before I turned away. I put my earbuds in, blasting my music.

Will was already in his seat talking to his friends. Brittney then strutted into the room sitting next to him.

I ignored them as I stared out the window. The teacher had to run to the office to get the worksheets so we were left alone. A few minutes passed and now I heard Will's voice even through my blasting music.

I took an earbud out to hear Will say "Brittney we were never dating. Get off of me" He glared.

He wasn't allowed to hit a girl but I could. I stood up shoving my chair back with a force. People turned to the noise, now watching me.

I walked over to Brittney and Will. Brittney stood across from Will with her hands on his face.

I grabbed her wrist before shoving her back on the wall behind her.

"He may not be able to hit you but I can" I laughed with no humor. "You really are asking for another punch to the face."

I watched Brittney try and break out of my grip.

"Let go of me you bitch" she said in her high pitched voice.

"And why would I do that?" I said lowly.

"Where is the teacher?" Brittney looked around.

"Sorry barbie but your on your own. I would have thought you learned yesterday not to mess with me but I guess not." The class was quiet watching the interaction.

Brittney got a hand free and slapped me across the face. I turned back facing her, anger all over my face.

"You are a dead bitch" I laughed.

I punched her in the stomach, making her fall over. I then sent an uppercut to her eye.

Before I could do anymore damage I was being pulled back. I fought against the person, trying to get back over to her.

I only stopped when I heard a husky voice in my ear.

"Calm down princess" I slowly calmed down and settled in the persons arms. Their arms left a trail of heat where they touched.

Barbies minions took her to the nurse while I was brought back to my seat.

I knew I would get called to the office later on but for now I had a headache.

I found out the guy who whispered in my ear was after all the mystery man.

He stared at me as I put my head down.

"I need a nap" I muttered.

•*•*•*•

Please vote and comment!!