Part 6

"Breathe," New said as he placed his hand on Bright's shoulder. He had just gotten into Bright's car at the hospital's parking lot.

"I'm sorry New," Bright started as he tried to calm down, pacing his breath. "I hate to get you involved in this but I really have no one else to run to right now. There's no one else I can trust. Sure there's Tay but he would just refer me to you and Win is.."

"What is it?" New asked. "If something's bothering you I want to know about it as soon as possible. Whatever it is. Otherwise, I'll be mad at you if I heard it from someone else."

Bright tapped nervously on the steering wheel.

"Two days ago, I received a text message with a cryptic message: 'Enjoy the sunny days. A storm is coming.' I didn't pay much attention since I thought it was one of those Delgado supporters or maybe even Delgado himself, you know, the old man who ran for mayor against me and lost. So I just ignored it and bought a new sim card.

"But just a while ago while I was at home, someone contacted me using Fiat's number. A man said he had kidnapped Fiat and ordered me to prepare ransom money. He later on said he was just messing with me. But he also said that it was a warning.. a show of how powerful he is. How he could easily take Fiat's phone without him knowing. I asked him what he wanted and he said he wanted to destroy me and my family. He added that I will only know his motive after he's done with us.

"I'm not scared for myself, New. I can take enemies like that. But the fact that he started with Fiat.. That scared the hell out of me. I don't know what I would do if something happened to Fiat, New. Please help me."

New sighed. His blood boiled at the thought of some bastard threatening his friends. He tapped Bright's shoulder. "Don't worry. Whoever that guy is, I'll take care of him. No one can harm you nor Fiat."

---

Win immediately became self-conscious when he saw Bright walk in to his room with New. He had been casually chatting with Fiat before they arrived. He wanted to fix his hair but he didn't want to be too obvious.

"Hi Win, I came to talk to Fiat. New will explain later," Bright said with a somber tone. "How are you feeling now?"

"I'm fine. I will most likely get discharged tomorrow morning," Win said. Just by looking at Bright's eyes, he already knew something was bothering him.

"Fiat, say goodbye to Win and New. We have to talk, just the two of us," Bright said, glancing at his brother.

"Ok kuya," Fiat said as he stood up and hugged Win and New.

"Bye kuya New. Get better soon kuya Win. See you at school."

"Bye," New replied.

"Drive safely and text me when you get home," Win added.

Bright looked awkwardly at New and Win before speaking, "I have to go too guys. Bye."

New sensed the awkwardness in the air so he hugged Bright. "You can hug Win too," he whispered to Bright's ear.

Bright nodded and awkwardly hugged Win. Even with the stressful events that night, the familiar warmth of Win's embrace seemed to immediately calm him. He was so comfortable in Win's arms that he forgot how long he had been holding him.

A faint cough from New brought Bright back to reality. He smiled wryly as he let go of Win and walked towards the door. "Bye guys, love you both," he said before closing the door.

After the brothers were gone, New hurriedly grabbed a chair and pulled it towards Win's bed so he was facing him.

"You're not gonna believe this," he started.