Part 21

New was so preoccupied about the latest development in the Cruz family's case that he almost missed a red light. He was suddenly reminded why he was out driving at past nine in the evening.

Earlier, he was talking to Bright and Win when Jane, Tay's secretary called and told him that Tay was drinking inside his office and seemed to be too drunk to drive. She said Tay refused to let her call a cab for him and insisted that she go home and leave him alone.

New didn't really think much about why Tay would be drinking like that alone. He was still wrapping his head around the possibility that Luke might be behind the attacks against Bright and his family.

He sighed and thought about his boyfriend instead. He frowned when he realized that something might be wrong wit Tay. Usually, he only got drunk during family occasions or when he's out drinking with the gang.

Immediately upon reaching the office's reception area, he told Jane that she could go home for the night and he would take care of Tay. He thanked profusely then walked towards the door to Tay's office.

He hesitated before knocking. The image of Arm and Tay kissing flashed momentarily in his mind but he quickly dismissed it. You'll be dead, both of you, he thought.

He knocked a few times and waited for an answer.

"C-come in.." he heard Tay yell from inside.

Stepping inside the office, New immediately found him slouching over the sofa in front of his desk. On the table was an empty bottle of Brandy and a couple bottles of beer.

"What's going on, love?" New asked as he quickly sat down beside Tay and started brushing his hair away from his face.

"Love?" Tay asked. "Big word."

New stopped momentarily. "What's going on with you?"

He stood up and walked to a small fridge at one corner of the office. He grabbed two bottles of water before going back to Tay's side.

"New.. Have I done something wrong again?" Tay asked.

"What?" New opened one bottle of water and made Tay drink some of it.

"Nooo.. Tell me. Is there something wrong with me? You can tell me you know. Am I too stupid? Am I ugly? Tell me."

"What are you talking about?" New asked patiently as he rubbed Tay's back.

"New..I will do everything you want. Anything and everything you want," Tay said. "Just please don't leave me.." Tears started running down his cheeks as he said this.

New grabbed some tissues and wiped Tay's face. "Tay Ramos you're not making sense. What happened to you?"

Tay grabbed New's hand. "Don't you love me anymore, New?"

Getting frustrated, New held Tay's head with both hands and kissed him passionately for a good minute.

"Urgh. Your mouth tastes like brandy. I shouldn't have done that," he said after.

Tay pulled him in for a hug, so tight that New found it hard to breathe.

He sighed and hugged Tay back.

"What's going on?" New asked softly. He could feel Tay's desperation as he hugged him.

"Please tell me you still love me."

"Why would you even ask that? Of course, I love you."

New gently pushed Tay away and held his chin. "Now it's your turn to tell me. Why are you acting like this?"