Chapter 27

"Juru I-" Avian began saying before being cut off

"Yeah I know, we miss you, you were such a big help,  its been so hard going on without you, blah blah blah" He said mocking us in his usual unserious manner.

"Shut up Juru" we all said simultaneously and he laughed

"Son... im so happy to see you" Ezekiel said in a somber tone, I could tell he was holding back tears.

It was always so weird thinking about the fact that Ezekiel was a father. I guess its because they're all vampires so their not that far apart in age.

"Im happy to see you too!" He replied happily Ezekiel. "On a scale of one through ten how dead is Malik"

"I'd say about a one" I admitted

"Altiair, I have to tell you this because if I know you like I think I do, I know you've been beating yourself up about my death" I nodded my head "Don't! It's not your fault, I got cocky and started running my mouth. I guess I thought his power was all hype, obviously that didn't turn out well"

"I just wish I was smart enough to figure out that we were walking into a trap, I didn't know that we were the key to waking him, or that they needed us to find his body. We basically did the job for them and that's what I truly blame myself for" I admitted

Juru grabbed my hand trying to comfort me, i felt nothing because he was a ghost, but honestly it still gave me comfort.

"Listen we may have helped wake him but you, Altiair Wick, are one of the most powerful witches I've ever met so I know you'll find a way to kill him."

"Thank you... by the way im also half vampire now"

"What? Who's stupid bright idea was that?" We all looked at Avian.

"Oh brother, you've gotten dumber since I died" He said jokingly.

"Juru, Alt told me the conversation you guys had. He told me about all your regrets and how you wanted to be better" Avian said somberly "I want you to know I forgave you before you were ever sorry, you've always been my brother, even when you acted an ass. Dad and I are gonna be better, for you"

Juru began to tear up, which is something I don't think I've ever seen him do.

"Good, thats all I wanted" He replied happily "So whats new in the land of the living?"

"Well once that serum neutralized Altiairs magic, he gained the ability to siphon energy, and energy turns into magic so thats a plus" Rauz explained "We also had a fight with Malik, and almost didn't make it out"

"That's not surprising" I notice Juru stop and look at Zarya in shock "Wait, are you a ghost or you alive right now?"

"Im alive, Ezekiel missed my heart with the stake that day" Zarya told him

"Yeah he's always had pretty bad aim" Ezekiel rolled his eyes.

"I was actually with Malik for a minute so I could help them and give them information. He was kind of in love with me, until that bitch Delilah ruined my plans"

"Wait Delilah? As in THE Delilah?" Juru looked so confused

"Yep shes alive, long story" Calluna replied tiredly

"That makes so much sense! There was a ghost here by the name of Celine, a group of us all sat around and talked about how we died, she said her sister Delilah got her killed but I didn't think it was that Delilah" Juru explained

"Celines here? We may as well talk to her too, and get the full story. Can you find her?" I asked

"Yeah I think so, ill be back" He quickly disappeared.