Chapter 2

As I was thinking about mums secret, a holiday trip with the Lomaxes to Spain, I was brushing my teeth.'Do you think dad has a secret for us?' I thought to myself. I was getting quite excited about it also because it was 2days until my birthday! I heard some noises from Mum and Dads bedroom and went to go and check what was happening I found my mum with a pregnancy stick saying it was pregnant! 'Um Nico oh hi,' my mum said awkwardly. 'You... You... Your pregnant???' I said loudly. 'Yes Nico they all say the same thing!' My mum says cheerfully. 'How many? When did you find out?' I say angrily. 'Why are you angry baby?' My mum says gently. 'You've only just found me and your already going off with another child and forgetting about ME!!' I shout full of rage. After I said that I stormed off leaving my mum speechless. I kick open my door, quickly get changed and end up just crying on my bed. 'Hey Ni your mum told me what happened, she's heartbroken.' My dad says. 'She's heartbroken? Oh I feel so sorry for her(!)' I say sarcastically. 'Don't be like that, shes pregnant and she can't help it.' Dad says to me. 'But she's only just found me! It's going to be all about the baby!' I say sobbing. 'Go say sorry to her!' My dad shouts. 'Fine!' I say. 'Mum I'm sorry, I'm really glad that your pregnant,' I say faking a smile. 'It's okay Ni I don't want you to be jealous so I'm going to spend time with each of you equally.' My mum says smiling. 'Thanks mum I love you! I hope you know that,' I say smiling back. 'I love you too Nico,' she says hugging me tightly! But through the windows Patrick is peeping through listening!!