-12-

After almost two hours of planning, we managed to agree on a half-decent idea that would be really hard to mess up, and would give both us and the heroes and easy way out if someone decided to go against our deal. I shut off the computer and run down the hallway, eager to check on my... boyfriend? Can I even call him that?

"How's Dabi?" I blurt, throwing open the door. Compress shushes me and leans over the bed. 

"Something happened there, something terrible. You already know how fragile he is normally, and this doctor just came in and mutilated him beyond repair to make him a walking, breathing bomb. I don't... I don't know if he'll ever be able to use his quirk again without going up in flames." 

I look at Dabi's face. His eyes are blank and staring off into space, like he does after a really bad panic attack and goes into a place where no one can reach him. 

"Dabi, it's me, Shigaraki." 

He slowly turn to look at me, eyes still dazed like earlier, but I notice a difference. 

"Compress, I don't think this is just because he's in shock. I think that monster drugged him." I wave a hand in front of his face to almost no reaction. 

"Dabi, we need you to listen. What did the doctor drug you with?" Compress asks. It's a desperate attempt to get any sort of answer out of Dabi, but it surprisingly works. 

"Shit ton... of q-quirk amplifiers..." He mumbles, and I almost don't hear him. 

The words take a second to sink in. 

"Compress, get a bucket. All For One gave me just one dose of the amps before, and lets just say it was not pretty."

He rushes off, returning shortly. 

"Shigaraki... I'm gonna..." Dabi suddenly dry heaves onto the bed, and I scramble to pull him into an upright position. I rub circles into his back and hold back the longer parts of his hair, just like Kurogiri used to do to me. 

"It's okay, Dabi. I'm here." I murmur into his ear, over and over, just holding him and comforting him as best as I can as he alternates between sobbing and puking into the trash can. 

A hand snakes its way up my neck, clawing red scratches into the hardly healing scabs. l'll kill him. I'll kill that doctor once this is all over. He deserves to die for this. 

"don't... hurt yourself like that..." Dabi lifts his head and sluggishly bats a hand at my arm in a futile attempt to stop me from scratching myself. 

I blink back tears I hadn't noticed were forming and grab his hand, holding it with one finger raised so I don't accidentally decay him. 

"You worry about yourself. If we're going to pull off this plan, then we need you ready to fight." 

"Fight? Who?" 

I swallow nervously. 

"All For One wants to send us on a suicide mission, but we're not going along with it. We've teamed up with the heroes to try and defeat him instead of killing ourselves and a bunch of innocent civilians. Afo wanted to use you as a giant bomb, and after you exploded or whatever he was going to swoop in and kill all the heroes that showed up in one giant attack." 

Dabi spits a glob of blood and vomit into the bucket, then lets out a half-hearted laugh.

"Please tell me that I'm still drugged to hell and that this is all a fever dream." 

I shake my head. 

"i'm telling the truth. You look a bit better, though." I point out the color slowly returning to his face, even though he can't see it. 

"Yeah. Guess my shit body ran out of things to throw up." He stands, swaying slightly on his feet, and takes a few halting steps towards the door. 

I rush to his side just as he's about to fall, slipping under his shoulder to support him. 

"You literally just finished puking your guts out. Take a second to get used to- y'know, being alive and such." 

He grins and I feel my heart melt. 

"I need to see the others, let them know I'm still... how did you say it? Oh, yeah, 'alive and such.'"

"Fine. Lets get your burnt ass over to the rest of the psychos." 

We managed to lead Dabi into the living room before he collapsed onto the couch, probably for the eighteenth time this story. I need to find other places for him to collapse. Anyways. 

I explained the plan to him and the others for the umpteenth time, drilling it into their brains. We spend almost half the night planning, and finally end the impromptu conference at about half past one. I guide Dabi back to our room, although he makes it almost the entire way without me. 

We lay together, facing each other, hands intertwined and foreheads touching. My breath stirs his hair ever so slightly and causes it to dance across his face. Neither of us want to close our eyes, to give in to sleep, because neither of us knows if this will be the last chance we'll get to lay together like this. 

"Dabi?" I murmur his name, feeling slightly guilty for disturbing the peaceful silence between us. 

"Yeah?" His eyes seem to glow in the darkness as he shifts his gaze to look at me. 

"If the worst happens tomorrow, I-" I swallow, not wanting to say those three words. 

"I... I love you, Touya." I feel the tears overflow and spill down my face, but I make no move to wipe them away. 

"I love you too, Tomura." He brushes my hair out of my face and plants a soft kiss on my forehead. 

"Tenko." I mutter. 

"Hm?" 

"Call me Tenko. It's the name I had before All For One gave me a new one." 

"Well, see you in the morning, Tenko." 

"You too, Touya." 

----------------

ALMOST THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN FINALLY FINISh THIS FIC IM SO HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYY 

So, heres pretty much how the rest of the book will go (not spoilers, just trust me on this)

Chapter 13: Pep talk with the bois, they go fight AFO, and then bad thing happens. Shigaraki has big relevation where he only thinks in like 2 word sentences and it gets super dramatic. 

chapter 14: aftermath of big thing

chapter 15: Happy ending, wrap up loose plot ends

So this story will probably go on for just 2 mor chapters!!!! It's such a drag to write this, and I'm just praying for myself to get enough motivation to finish this, and I finally had it so heres a 999 word chapter thats kind of short and crappy, but luckily I was smart enough to write the ending of this book when I was still into writing it so at least that pert won't be as crappy. TYSM FOR ALL THE SUPPORT! IT MEANS A LOT!!!