Chapter Twenty-Nine

HE'S THE ONE ༄CHAPTER  ۪۪۫۫  twenty-nine❝got me trippin, fallin❞

HE'S THE ONE
CHAPTER ۪۪۫۫ twenty-nine
❝got me trippin, fallin❞

four years later ...

it had been four years since that trip to ibiza during his senior year of high school and taehyung couldn't help but dwell on the past as he sits in first class of the plane, looking out the window at the white blotches in the sky. four years had been way too long to be away from home, the male would've stayed longer in the states after finally graduating university but the news of hyunjin's wedding came forth to him by an invitation in the mail.

naturally, he had to attend his younger brother's big day, what kind of older brother would he be if he skipped a momentous occasion? so here he was sitting on the plane, on his way back to seoul for the rehearsal dinner. taehyung had been abroad in the states, studying at harvard university to obtain his degree in the medical field, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for the male and he happily took it.

sighing, the male continues to admire the sea of clouds that intertwined with the rising sun of a new day, this long flight was honestly tiring and he couldn't wait to land back in his hometown of seoul.

━━

taehyung stood at the entrance of the airport, two large suitcases by his side as he aimlessly scrolls through his phone, trying his best to catch up on the last few years he's missed out, "taehyung!" a loud voice calls out to him alerting the black-haired male to look up and see two familiar figures quickly approaching him.

"mark, jackson!" he shouts as he runs to them and engulfs the two into a tight hug, feeling the tears start to build up after finally seeing his best friends after so long.

"yah, tae, you're killing me!" mark groans out as taehyung chuckles and lets go of the male, "woah, your figure is even more amazing, what did america do to you?"

"i worked out a bit, guess i did one too many squats, now i'm carrying ten pounds behind me."

mark eyes taehyung's ass, "no kidding. now, come on, bring your luggage, i don't want to be here for too long--there's a lot of people who miss you."

━━

the trio was now on the freeway heading towards the outskirts of the city. seoul's atmosphere was still the same, busy bustling streets, crazy traffic, not to mention the millions of idol billboard plastered on the buildings; taehyung would say he wished for a bit of change.

"i know right, who would've thought out of everyone, hyunjin would get married first." the conversation that was happening started to tune into taehyung's ears again as he refocuses on his friends in the front of the car.

"kind of weird that he used to date chan and felix, but ultimately ended up marrying changbin--funny how things work. it's weird not seeing the three of them being together but the two are happy for hyunjin." jackson spoke as he continues to eye the road ahead.