Chapter Twenty

coming back to school was far from taehyung's thoughts, as by now more than likely everyone knew of what had taken place at his birthday party. taehyung couldn't even be bothered to talk to anyone who tried to approach him and asked about it, which he did not want. it was annoying, to say the least, jeongguk and he was fine now, so why even bother trying to instigate something?

for the first time this year, the male heads towards art, unenthusiastic about the class. he sips from the iced coffee in his grasps, it was surprising for everyone to see taehyung drinking that as he was more so a tea person.

upon entering the room, taehyung says quick hellos to the people who greeted him and waved back. he quickly sits down at his art station in the back and pulls out his airpods, connecting them to his phone, and plays some sunmi to help ease his anxiousness.

the teacher didn't say much to the class as the bell rang, only instructing them to continue with their projects that they have been working on for the past month and a half. every person listened but not everyone was busy working on their assignment, as they preferred to look at taehyung most of the time.

getting lost in the music, taehyung drifted off into his reality, focusing his brushstrokes onto the canvas, and tried his best not to focus on the stares he was getting — damn ... was he this interesting?

no one dared to approach his workstation, mostly just watching from afar, wondering why he was okay, most expected him to break down or something.

wow, have a little faith, bad bitches don't cry.

sighing at the situation, taehyung just continues to work on his painting, with all the drama going on lately he forgot to stay on top of his schoolwork and he was not going to fail during his last year of high school.

but of course, the universe was never on his side, as he felt the presence of someone nearing his desk, looking up he's faced with the face of a basketball player, someone who taehyung wasn't fond of.

taehyung was already off the edge, so annoyed by everyone today, and getting approached by some asshole athlete was the least of his fucking problems right now. he already knew what the person was after and he didn't want any interaction with him.

"hey since you're single now, i wanted to ask-"

that set taehyung off. who the fuck said he was single?! frankly, he just wanted a little break from everyone, to collect his thoughts before he did something rational.

"who said i was single?" he asks, looking at the male with pure anger in his eyes. he slams his paintbrush down onto the table and patiently waits for the guy to speak.

"people are talking, you know that taehyung. it was a matter of time before everyone concluded that you and jeongguk broke up." the guy responds, not holding back a smirk.

"no, i'm not fucking single. leave me alone." taehyung seethes as he glares at the male with the angriest eyes anyone has ever seen from the usual, calm, and content cheerleader.

again someone walks up to taehyung's station, their presence just adding fuel to the latter's fuse.

"didn't i fucking say to leave me the fuck-"

"woah! chill out, bro. i just wanted to come and do my work near you, so no other people can bother you, you know if you're fine with that." mingyu says defensively, hands still in the air at taehyung's hostility.

taehyung sighs and looks at the tall male with apologetic eyes, "i'm sorry, mingyu. i'm just really ticked off at people right now."

mingyu nods his head, "it's understandable, it's your first day back after what happened. don't worry though, most people know you and jeongguk are together."