Chapter Fifteen

it was now noon on new year's eve day, today was a special occasion, seeing as hyejin was throwing both a party for the new year and taehyung's birthday all in one. a lot of people were to show up for the occasion, most of the senior class was to attend, and some juniors but it was mostly family, business partners, and hyukwoo's entertainment friends.

and right now, the house was a chaotic mess.

"yoongi hyung! have you seen michi anywhere?! i can't find her!" taehyung shouts from the top of the stairs as he frantically runs around looking for the puppy.

"stop your worrying, she's outside peeing!" yoongi shouts back, as he sets up an alcohol station.

"yah! it's like twenty degrees out there! she'll freeze her cute little paws off!" he whines loudly, as he over-dramatically falls onto the l-shaped, couch.

"baby bear, quit whining and help jimin blow up balloons! i don't need to hear any screaming until the clock strikes midnight, alright?!" hyejin scolds him, as she tosses him a big bag of balloons, it landing directly onto his face.

taehyung groans and gets up, dragging his feet towards the kitchen. in there he was greeted by the yoonmin couple conversing about some university drama. sitting down on a barstool, he begins to fill balloons with helium, "how does it feel to finally be eighteen?" jimin asks as soon as taehyung began to tie a balloon.

"not much of a difference from being seventeen, but i'm now a legal adult and i guess i can do a bit more? i mean i already have underage drank, we'll see with the coming months," he responds, smiling at jimin.

"speaking of drinking, if anyone is planning on doing it tonight, i prefer if you do it inside the house. also, if you can't handle your alcohol, there's some low alcohol champagne, i'm looking at you hyunjin," hyejin spoke, carrying giant bouquets of balloons.

"who says i can't handle alcohol?" hyunjin asks.

"that halloween party you went to, says otherwise," hyejin replies to his questions.

"it's not my fault that jackson hyung practically mixed in death with the punch!" hyunjin says defensively, pouting as he and chan set up the camera for an extra ass photo booth, "lixie, baby, can you hand me the tripod?"

the younger australian gets up from helping hyejin with another thing and happily skips over to give his boyfriend the item.

yoongi looks to the three boys and raises an eyebrow, suddenly remembering something, "so, when's that little boyfriend of yours going to show up, tae?" yoongi asks, pouring himself an early drink.

"first of all hyung, my 'little boyfriend' towers over you and probably could push you with a single finger, but i don't know yet, he said he has some things to deal with." taehyung sassily responds.

"okay? i may be smaller than him in height and muscle, but he isn't the one carrying a glock," he points out as he sips from the cup of alcohol.

jimin smacks his boyfriend upside the head.

a few hours have gone by and it was now six pm, the house was crowded with plentiful people in either direction you walked. taehyung was still upstairs getting dressed as he was nervous for some reason, he couldn't brush off the feelings.