42: Dusk Til Dawn

A/N: I typed this while half asleep tbh so if something doesn't makes sense, tell me and I'll edit it to makes sense lol. Anyways, here's another chapter. I have plans for the next one already :)

Izuku's POV

"So unfair!" Kaminari said, for the millionth time as I beat him at an all-might game once again.

"What did you expect? I mean, it's All-Might." "Okay, that's fair." I laughed a little as we put the controllers back on the desk. We were currently in Kami's dorm. He leaned on my shoulder.

"What?" I asked in a soft voice. "Mmm." "What is it Kami?" I ran my fingers through his hair, him giving into the touch.

"It's just... don't get me wrong, I'm glad you chose me to spend today with you, I just don't understand why. You could have chosen Uraraka or Tsu or Todoroki or literally anyone else. I'm not really all that great. So what made you choose me?"

I removed my hand slowly from his hair. He looked at me confused. I smiled and whacked him upside the head. "Ow!" "Don't say you aren't that great. You are amazing! And I mean it!" He rubbed his head where I hit him. "Whatever you say Midobro."

He leaned his head back onto my shoulder and I put my head on top of his. I then wrapped my arm around his waist.

"Kami, you know you're amazing, right?" He didn't reply, nor move. He just sighed. "You don't think you're amazing, do you?" He shook his head.

"That's what makes you different from some people. Well, okay, everyone has their weaknesses and acknowledges them, but you're different. It's a part of your anxiety though."

"W-what are you talking a-about, Mido?" I rubbed my head against his lightly. "You have anxiety Kami. I can tell. I could almost always tell." "I don't have anxiety. I mean like, I'm happy and I get good grades and I make all my friends happy, so what is there to be anxious about?"

"Kaminari, don't lie to me." He tilted his head down towards the ground slightly. "And so what if I do?" He said, it being merely a whisper.

"It means you're human. Look, of all people in this class, I probably know a thing or two about anxiety. Could you just, explain yours to me a bit? YouDon'tHaveToIfItMakesYouUnco-" "okay." I smiled a bit.

"I trust you, but please don't tell anyone." "I won't, I promise." "Okay, well, I know I'm at UA and I have amazing friends who I enjoy being around." I nodded, waiting for him to go on.

"But... it's difficult for me... all the time. I have to keep up with my grades. I know most of the things we get taught and can easily do most of it after Aizawa shows us how to do it. But even then, I get called stupid. And dumb. And I know im not the most intelligent, hell probably far from it, but it kind of hurts sometimes to never be good enough.

And that's what I'm afraid of. Never being good enough. What if one day, I'm suddenly not as funny, or too annoying. What if all my friends left me? I try my best to make them stay. I make sure that I don't slip up around them unless it's in a funny way. But each day it gets harder and harder.

I know that everyone is joking when they call me names... but are they really? I don't know, maybe I'm looking too much into this. I'm just afraid that if I make one wrong move, everyone is going to think I'm way too much to deal with and leave. And that scares me, ya know?

And I will ALWAYS be there for everyone. No matter what, I will be. And I genuinely mean that. But, I don't really have anyone to fall back on. And sometimes I feel more like an option than a friend and people only choose me when they need to.