Chapter 1

Felix's P.O.V.

I didn't felt the pain at all. All I saw was a bright light that almost blinded my eyes and then... I was at a kinda strange but pretty place. I was surrounded by cotton-candy-like clouds, the sky had pastel colours mixed together in a breath-taking harmony and I was standing on a white neverending ladder leading farther up to the sky.

As I was admiring my surroundings, I saw something coming flying to my direction. I wasn't pretty sure about my thought, but when I saw its big figure with two even bigger wings that sticked out from its back, I was sure about it. An angel. I couldn't really see its face because of the brightness emanating from its body, but if I could, I firmly believe that it would be extremely beautiful like in books.

At that moment I realized something. Where exactly am I? Am I dead?

"Kind of. You are somewhere between life and death", it told me reading my thoughts.

What?!

"But don't worry", it did it again, reading my thoughts. "You have given a second chance to live, because sadly you decided to take your life... However, you have a mission to complete down there. You have to be someone's guardian".

This is bullshit! I'm sure it heard it, but I don't care.

"This is not a second chance! This is a punishment! I don't wanna live anymore! That's why I committed suiside at the first place", I shouted.

"Name it as you want, my boy. I am afraid that you don't have a choice".

And in a snap of the fingers, we were in a high school's front yard. I admit that the transition was very dope, but I was still shocked and confused.

"What the...? Why are we here?", I asked the angel beside me.

"We are here for your mission. This is your school from now on. And this is the one you have to protect. But I advise you not to talk to me too much, because your schoolmates may start to believe you are crazy".

I looked around the school yard. Many students were looking at me, probably thinking why I am speaking to myself.  Of course the angel next to me wasn't visible. But... I am not a student anymore... I am twenty. Either the angel couldn't read my thoughts now or it just ignored my confusion.

And then, I located the girl the angel was pointing at. She was kind of pretty, with silk brown hair hugging her small shoulders and piercing eyes. But still, not as beautiful as Tzuyu.

"Who, her?"

"Yes. And stay close to her. For your own good. I mean it".

"What does that mean? Where do you go? Wait!"

Too late. He was already vanished into thin air.

Agh!!! This is... agh!!!

I huffed and walked into the school.
As I was walking down a corridor, I felt something in my pocket. I took it out.

*** High School's Student ID

Name: Lee Felix
Birth Date: September 15th, 2000
Class: Senior
Personal Info: Lost 2 school years due to serious illness.

Clever enough to cover up my age. But... my last name is not Lee, it's... Oh, I forgot about the second chance thing.

At the end of the corridor, I saw a door saying Principal's Office. I knocked on the door. I heard a female voice telling me to come in and I did.

"Hello", I started. "I-"

"Are you Lee Felix? Welcome! We've been waiting for you!", a rather energetic middle-aged woman interrupted my words. "I am Mrs. Kang, the principal. Come, I will accompany you to your class", she hugged my arm and led me out of her office, to a class at the second floor of the building.

When we entered the room, the professor stopped talking and the students stood up.

"Good morning, class! Please, have a sit". They did. "This is your new classmate, Lee Felix. Please, treat him well. He lost two school years, because he was sick. You can sit there, behind the brown haired girl", she told me smiling.

And then, I show her. The girl I was supposed to sit behind. The girl I must guard.