Chapter 22 (a beautiful mess)

Hey babes! I'm back with another chapter! Hope you guys are well 💞

ENJOY! 💞

Win's POV

I looked at Bright with wide eyes. I couldn't believe he was actually in front of me. Why did he want to talk to me? I had a feeling I knew why... I took a deep breath and followed him to the deck.

"Win, what the fuck is he doing here?" He started and I groaned. Of course Luke was the topic again.

"Uhm, because I invited him." I mumbled and scratched the back of my head sheepishly.

"And why would you do that, knowing damn well that I was going to be here?" I shrugged. He liked someone else, why did he care if I invited Luke or not?

"Bright, I didn't know that you were coming! I really didn't."

"That doesn't change the fact that you invited him to this trip! Since when are Gun and Gulf friends with him, anyway?!" This was getting ridiculous. And now we were arguing. Again.

"Bright, can you stop it already! I just wanna have fun on this trip, but you are ruining it again!"

"Oh, of course I am ruining everything again. Of course I am the fucking bad guy again."

"I didn't say that... I just want this trip to be peaceful and fun."

"I guess I will have to go home, then, because I fucking can't stand Luke." I rolled my eyes at him. He had no reason to hate him.

"Why are you making a big deal out of this? Just drop it, Bright. Why can't we all just get along? You don't see Luke coming after your ass, do you?"

"Oh, so now you would rather have him accompany you than me. I get it, Win." Why is he twisting my words!?

"Bright, seriously. I didn't even say that!"

"It's okay, Win. Really. I don't even care."

"If you didn't care, you wouldn't be making a big deal out of it..." I sighed and looked up at him. This conversation was going no where. Instead, we were back to arguing with each other. I somehow wished that we were still some kind of friends with benefits, so I could kiss him to shut him up.

"You were the one who brought Luke along, Win! Don't blame me now. You know damn well that I hate his guts."

"Again, I didn't know you were coming..." I tried to defend myself once again.

"Yeah, but who am I to say anything, right? He is your boyfriend, of course you would drag his ass along."

Wait, hold up. Did I just hear him right? Boyfriend? Luke, being my boyfriend? What???

"Wait, what did you just say?" He looked at me, annoyed.

"Don't pretend like you didn't hear me, Win."

"Bright, I'm being serious. You seriously think that Luke and I are dating?" He nodded.

"You are."

"Bright, we aren't dating. Luke is just a friend." He definitely didn't believe me when I told him that.

"You really want me to believe that? Win, I'm not stupid."

"Bright! What the hell? I'm telling you the truth! Why would I lie about my own boyfriend? I mean, it's not like I have one... But like, why would I lie about that?"

"You must be fucking kidding me." He threw his hands up in the air in disbelief. How did he even think that?

"Why did you think that Luke was my boyfriend?"