Chapter 26:Caliber

A/N:There was a shocking development yesterday in the last chapter when Mikriko's 'fiancé' told Fedrick that they were meant to get married in 2 years!Wow! I hope you like the story so fare and all.I dedicate this chap to bookloveforever !!!!! Read on!!!
-------------------------------------
Mikriko's POV
"Mikriko, were have you been?"Narkok demanded."Changing my look......"I mumbled."Does it take an hour to do that?!" Narkok asked, scolding her."Y-yes......"I mumbled, shifting uncomfortable."I had to cut my hair, change my eye color and then had to come up with a name and what Dragon Slayer to be......."I replied.
"Fine, I don't care.Just get ready for the Ball tonight."Narkok said, walking away."Psst."A voice said behind a wall. "Fedrick?!"I whisper/yelled."Shhh."He said."Why are you here?"I asked, walking up to him."Um....."Fedrick said, looking around.
"I can't tell you here, too many people.Meet me......at the river.In 5 mins."Fedrick said, dissapearing in black smoke. *sigh*."Whats wrong now?"I muttered.
-----------5 Minutes Later-----------
"What is it?"I asked."I-I have a secret."Fedrick said.'Does he like me?!'I screamed in my head."I.....Um.....I'm a Caliber."Fedrick said.'Caliber.........Exa!!!! She said something about my father being a Caliber.'I heaved a sigh of relief. 'So he doesn't like me, that's good.'I thought.
"What's a Caliber?"I asked."L-like a Vex, but weaker.We can catch small glimpses or pictures of the future,teleport and track people's magic."Fedrick said."How do you know about the Vex?"I asked."M-my mom was one.But Narkok killed her and me and my brother were taken by Narkok and we became Narkok's left hand men, because, you, of course, was Narkok's right hand girl.
"Well, a year ago, Narkok gave us a letter he had hidden from us.It was a letter from your parents....."Fedrick said, turning his head to look at me slightly.
I looked at him in shock."I checked for and magic that was used to write it or anything, nothing.The letter was a well,hand written, letter."Lexton said."What did the letter say?"I asked."I-I have the letter if you want me to read it....." Fedrick said, rubbing his neck.
I nodded."You can read it......"I whispered."Well, okay."Fedrick said, pulling out a piece of thin, brown, paper.

" 'Dear Mikriko,
I don't know how you'll react to this when your older but, when you turn 18, the Linens' parents and us have made an agreement, you will get married to the oldest Linen boy, Ajax.(A-Jax basically) But if for some reason, Ajax dies, you will then marry Fedrick.
If you are wondering why there's a arranged marriage, that's because the council has ordered.If you have any questions, ask your father.If your wondering why I can't tell you this in person is because I've seen the future with my Vex powers, multiple ones.And it all ends with me and Tilon dead.Dont feel bad for me, it is what the universe wants.If you hav any questions about your powers, ask your father.I will, and do, miss you.
Love,
Your undoubtedly faithful mother,
Ikra.' "
Fedrick said.At that point, tears were pouring a out of my eyes."If only you knew......."I whispered.My father is searching for me and I can't even find him.Then, it clicked."You said that Caliber's could track magic, right?"I asked Fedrick."Yeah, why?"Fedrick asked."Because, we're going to look for my father."I said, smiling.
"Just wonderful!"Narkok exclaimed, walking out from behind a tree."Two of my most loyal and powerful members of my guild are leaving."Narkok said, his smile turning into a frown."Sick'em."Narkok said as at least 20 guild members came pouring out of the trees.
"What do we do?."Fedrick asked, backing away from the members who were slowly walking to us."We run."I said simply, running into the river.My feet splashed down into the cold water, making the icy cold water. Soak my skirt and legs."Water Dragons Mag-"Before I could finish, a fire arrow landed right next to me.
Then, my bare feet felt the soft grass as we continued to run.More fire arrows came crashing down by my feet, sending the grass ablaze.My eyes widened as a image flashed through my head.My mother slowly dieing years ago from my fire ball.
I stopped abruptly."I-I cant."I said, backing away.Then, the guild members made a circle of fire around my feet."I-I can't escape the darkness.I-I killed my mother, I should deserve to die......"I said, looking into the fire.I slowly looked into the fire, seeming its soul.
'Even if fire resembles light, it only shows darkness to me, my darkness.'I thought.'I should be consumed, letting the darkness return to its owner.'I thought, taking a step closer to the ring of fire.'Besides, who cares?'I thought."Mikriko!"Fedrick yelled, returning me to reality.
Fedrick jumped trough the ring of fire and caught me before I collapsed."S-Shezu......"I whispered, seeing the face of my father."Mikriko!"Fedrick shouted, my fathers face being replaced with Fedricks.The smoke fogged my vision and the smell of sulfur filled my nostrils, making them flare.
"G-Gomen......"I said, passing out."Mikriko!!"Fedrick shouted again.Suddenly, a fire arrow was shot right above his head.Fedrick jumped out of the fire circle and ran away, to a place not even Narkok could find."Find them!"Narkok shouted in anger.
"We must find them before tonight."Narkok said, glaring.
---------------------------------
Duh,duh,duh!!!!!A new power, Caliber?! I dunno, just read on.😝
book_binder out!