Promise

Three days. It was only three days until he had been with Clay for a year. An entire year. Whoever thought they'd ever make it this far?

Certainly not George himself. If you had told him before it all that Dream would ever see him as more than just another face in the crowd, more than just another fan, he would have laughed for certain.

He'd come so far from the boy that relentlessly harassed his best friend about his favourite band. His community had grown exponentially and people knew him now. People, strangers, knew him. What an odd thought to consider.

He'd come so far and yet he hadn't really changed at all. Not in any way major or notable anyways. He was more comfortable on camera now that he knew it better but that was all he could really pinpoint off the top of his head. And, yet, it was three days until the year anniversary of possibly the best gift the universe had ever given him.

Possibly the best gift most of the time.

"I'm muting you." George warned through Clay's loud and breathless wheezing. Clay attempted to protest but he couldn't choke out the right words or sounds before George followed through.

He kept Clay muted as he both ordered and picked up his food, glaring at where he was mounted on the small phone holder George had clipped to his cars air conditioning every now and again. It only set Clay off in more silent hysterics.

"You're such a child." George finally took his boyfriend off of mute, being greeted by the occasional cough as he'd laughed the air from his lungs.

"It's what you get for ordering McDonalds for our fancy dinner date." Clay retorted, scrubbing at his eyes with his fists. He'd ordered in fast food as well upon realising just how nervous their original plan had made George but he wasn't about to tell George that.

"That doesn't mean you can try and order me an extra large McPenis!" George exclaimed, glancing at his phone before refocusing on the road. Clay fell into hysterics once more. "This is the worst date I've ever been on." He sighed out but Clay could see the way the corners of his mouth were twitching with a fought off fond and happy smile.

"You love me." Clay managed to squeeze out once he'd calmed some. George made a face somewhat alike to a grimace. "Don't deny it, you might as well be obsessed with me." Clay continued and George just shrugged and made some non-committal noise at the back of his throat. Clay pouted dramatically. "Tell me you love me, George." He begged and George finally let the smile slip onto his face. He made a second, contemplative sound. "Just say you love me, George!" George smirked to himself.

"You love me, George." He echoed, glancing at Clay's reaction with a bitten back giggle as he pulled up to his place. Clay groaned loudly, making some offhand comment about George really not being as funny as he thinks he is. "Clay?" George called, waiting for him to look up from his tantrum.

"I love you."

////:\\\\

@Geo-logist
Kiri's friends are kinda scary but I like them :) I love it here

@Geo-logist Kiri's friends are kinda scary but I like them :) I love it here