What we will be

One year later:

"So, how are things going for you?" Dr. Tenzin asked, smiling brightly.

I couldn't help but grin right back, reflecting on the two years that past since the session that changed everything, the session that changed my entire life.

"Everything is great," I assure, the wide smile still not leaving my lips "the drama from last year is long forgotten by now. Eerything is just... Perfect."

_________

The press conference, one year ago:

What am I doing here? I can't help but ask myself as I watch Asami talking about cars and what not. Seriously, did she have to drag me out here? Why did she need me here? What a waist of time.

"That's actually pretty interesting," Bolin says in slight suprise.

"Really? Cause I don't understand a word she's saying," I say bitterly, crossing my arms "why are you guys even here?"

"Emotional support?" Opal asked rather then answered.

"Besides, it's not like we have anything better to do," Mako added.

"I have no idea how you even knew to come here Mako," I say with a deadass expression.

"Yeah bro, what the shit are you doing here?" Bolin turned to him.

"You'll see," he grinned.

I had no idea what he meant, but I shrugged it off, trying to focus on Asami. Maybe cars weren't interesting in the slightest, but she was. She's so gorgeous... God I'm supposed to be angry why is this the only thing I can think about?

"... And to finish this press conference off, I'd like to address the rumours that have been going around regarding my love life."

My heart sank, what? She said she wouldn't mention it... She promised...

"I presume you've all heard about my girlfriend, Korra. Right?" She grinned.

When I tell you the entire crowed went quiet, I fucking mean it. You couldn't tell that there were people over there, you couldn't even hear them breathing.

And me? I froze. I wanted to look at the krew's reactions, but I couldn't fucking move. I stayed in place, staring wide eyed at Asami, holding my breath from the shock.

Then, she literally turned to face me with a huge smile "Sweetheart, care to come up here?" She asked, interlocking her fingers.

I pointed at myself and mouthed 'me?' , like I wasn't sure if she was referring to someone else. In response, she rolled her eyes.

"No, I'm referring to my other girlfriend," she said sarcastically, and my cheeks flushed in emberessment as a wave of laughter crossed the room.

"C'mon, I'm waiting..." She laughed nervously "don't leave me hanging..."

I finally managed to turn to Opal, she was  just as stunned as I was, looking at me with a questioning look. Bolin had a similar expression, but Mako just thumbs upped me with a shit faced grin on his face. And I narrowed my eyes in suspicion, what does he know? What's going on?