♡Anthoine Hubert. Best Friend

*this weekend is the weekend that marks one year since we lost Anthoine. I didnt watch F1 back then, but it hurts my heart. So I decided to make this. A sweet little one shot about a man we all loved and miss dearly. Anthoine, may you rest eternally in peace.*
_____
Anthoine and I have been amazing friends for such a long time. I met him at a karting track one time. My best friend was racing there. She was always  by dear friend. I came to her cottage one time, and he happened to be on vacation and decided to race at that track for fun.

I was there supporting my friend, but I saw him racing and saw he had real skill. My friend was furious that I didnt watch her run into the guy who keeps running her off, but I told her that 'that guys talent is far superior to yours.' And then gave her candy so she wouldnt kill me.

I went over to him after and told him he did a good job. We shook hands and cracked a few jokes

"You're hilarious." He said. "We should hang out." He gave me his contact information.

"Hah, too bad I dont live in the area." I said.

"Neither do I." He interjected.

"No I mean my family is sending me to France alone for high school in a few years. They want me to go to school there and live with my family from back home." I say.

"No way. I live in France!" He said laughing.

"Then can you explain why you are here?" I asked.

"Vacation.  And I wanted to go karting." He said and shrugged.

"Well maybe we will meet again." I say jokingly.

"Maybe we will." He said and laughed.

"En chanté" I say in a pathetic French accent.

We go out separate ways.

*time skip*

The phone rings.

I pick it up.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hi this is Anthoine. I am looking for Y/N Y/L/N. Does she live there?" He asks.

"This is she" I say, confused. I dont know an Anthoine.

"Y/N! This is Anthoine. We met at a karting race years back." He said. I can tell he is smiling.

"Oh my gosh Anthoine! How are you?!" I ask.

"Oh I'm amazing. Now I remember that you said your parents were sending you to France alone for high school. If my math is correct, that means you will be coming this summer to start the first semesters in the fall." He said.

"Yes. I leave tomorrow." I say.

"Let me have my parents pick you up. I cant drive because I am only a year older than you, but they can." He said.

"That would be amazing! Is it too much of a hassle?" I ask.

"No not at all." He said.

This is amazing.

We talk for some more time. I give him all the details.

Cant wait to see him after all these years.

*time skip*.

"Thanks Anthoine." I say.

Anthoine and I have become best friends.

I came here to France for high school. I stayed with my distant aunt until Anthoine was 16. Then he moved into a small appartment and brought me with him. My distant aunt wasnt the nicest and I had to basically take care of her whole life for her.