Prologue

'Why did you do it?' She asked grimly, clearly disappointed and displeased.

'You are mine, and that so-called friend of yours doesn't know about that and clearly, he was crossing the line.' Muzan answered sharply.

'That doesn't mean you can go and kill him like that!' The woman snapped.

'Oh, I'm sorry. Sorry that you're too dumb enough to see he was hitting on you!' The demon lord spat back.

'You are so possessive! Get over it. I'm not going to dumb you even if some guy likes me. You're being exaggerating.' She rolled her eyes.

'What do you have against the fact that I don't share what's mine?'

'There's your problem! You think I'm some property or a toy for you to play with!' She shouted.

'Don't you dare say I treat you as one of my toys.' His eyes glowed.

'Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe the fact that you're such a pig head, that I wish I could just- I can't think of words when I'm mad- Stop laughing!' The woman screamed but then her cheeks flushed as he demon lord chuckled.

'You killed my best friend, Muzan. How do you expect me to accept you now?' She lowered her head.

'You must and you will. I will leave you alone, but until the next day, I will drop by again to see you, my snowflake.' He fondled her cheek and kissed her forehead before leaving in silence.

Yuki Yamazaki broke down into tears as a lying corpse stared lifelessly at her. Her best friend who she has met since they're in diapers was dead. Killed by the none other than the demon lord himself. Feeling proud of his actions, and felt nothing when it comes to his lover breaking down in front of him and started hurling insults.

Yuki doesn't mind that her lover is a man-eating monster, but she can't stand the murderous intentions he has to her best friend. She knew her friend has loved her more than a friend, but Yuki felt nothing romantic towards him, but only the great lord himself.

However, Muzan doesn't really feel any love or romance towards her yet. He never confessed his love towards her. He only accepts her, but he never said those three important words. He did act loving and caring, but he hardly thought his actions were out of love. He assumed it was fun, but yet he loves her company.

However, he grew an obsession and possession over her. Treating her like some property and toy. He doesn't realise it yet, but clearly, Yuki saw right through him, and tonight she finally woke up from her love fantasy to realise...

He never loves her.

He never said those three words back...

It was always her delusions of love. Yuki never felt love before, her parents treated her like crap and it was Muzan who saved her from her parent's clutches. It was nothing but adoration and gratefulness, not love.

That wake-up call, made her changed her mind. Leaving him, leaving everything behind and just walk away from her life, without even looking back.