Chapter 12

'Thank you, Tanjiro.' She smiled once again.

Tanjiro placed a flower crown he made for her on top of her head. Yuki felt like a princess, finally free from everything, including Muzan's expensive priceless gifts that she always ended up sneakily giving them to Daki. This was the first time she was given an actual gift that didn't involve money, and she was truly happy.

The feeling that Muzan could never make her feel.

Yuki touched the flower crown Tanjiro made for her and her lips curled up into a smile.

'Hey, Tanjiro! Stop flirting with Yuki-san!' Zenitsu rushed and pulled Tanjiro away from Yuki.

'What do you think you're doing?!' Zenitsu asked grimly.

(Haha, imagine him wearing that face😂)

'Giving her a flower crown I made.' Tanjiro smiled.

'No! You don't just give her something like that!' Zenitsu shouted.

'But I think she looks pretty in it.'

'If you want to make a flower crown for her, at least put some nice flowers on it.'

'Like what?'

Zenitsu stared at Tanjiro like he's a blockhead.

'Roses! They represent love and passion!' Zenitsu said with pride.

'Wow, I guess that's-'

'Shut up! Don't go too far!' He held out a finger in front of his face.

'Right, I forgot you like her too.' Tanjiro smiled.

That smile...

Zenitsu immediately stepped back.

'You know what, may the best man wins.'

'What are you guys even talking about?' Aoi, a helper in the butterfly estate glared.

'Shhh, it's none of your business.'

'You do know she's older than both of you, right? That girl is like, 20 years old.' Aoi gave them a poker face.

'Who cares?! So long the girl is beautiful!' Zenitsu stuck out his tongue.

'What are you guys talking about? She's just a friend.' Tanjiro tilted his head.

They both stared at the clueless boy. Zenitsu couldn't believe this boy is smart in battle but slow in these types of situation.

'Besides, she's Muzan Kibutsuji's lover. No matter how much I hate that man, I couldn't do that.' Tanjiro sighed.

'Tanjiro, I think stealing the love of his life away is already enough for him to suffer.' Zenitsu narrowed his eyes.

'How does that help?' Tanjiro frowned.

'You never fell in love before. I couldn't expect you to understand.' Zenitsu sighed.

'She's Muzan Kibutsuji's lover, and I would never take that as an advantage.' Said Tanjiro seriously.