Chapter 2

'She looks exactly like a zombie.' Doma stared at the pale white girl.

'Stay away from her. Muzan-sama's orders.' Daki scowled at him.

After the resurrection ceremony, Yuki was brought back to the infinity fortress to properly freshen herself up before the so-called 'Muzan-sama' arrives. Yuki was bathed in luxury as everything she needed to do will be done by maids, but it was not like she wanted to make herself more presentable. The sense of getting to live again, walking on the ground barefooted slowly sank in. However, she felt neither happy nor sad. She felt nothing.

No thrill or exhilaration to live again, or the fact that her previous lover brought her back.

She felt absolutely nothing.

'Why don't you smile for us?' Douma leaned closer until their nose touched.

'Smiling does make a girl looks prettier. I must say, you are already a beauty, Yuki-san, but maybe smiling can help you shine out more.'

Suddenly a hand came swinging down and hit his head. The impact was so hard until half of his face was gone. The fresh blood of the rainbow-eyed demon splashed on the girl's face, and yet she didn't show any fear or disgust.

'I think she appreciates if you could stand ten feet away from her. Your face is insufferable to watch.'

A bright pink-haired demon with criminal tattoos and marking of upper-moon three on the left eye scowled at the older demon.

'Aww, come on Akaza-dono. She's beautiful am I not right? So what are your relationships with our master? A friend? An enemy? A sex slave?' Douma asked as he regenerates.

'Don't you dare downgrade our master like that!' Akaza roared.

'Aww, come on. She's exquisitely stunning. What do you expect? If it was me, I wouldn't mind having a lovely night with her before filling her up to my belly.' Douma eyed Yuki like a hawk.

'Don't. Even. Think. About. It.' Daki came and wrapped a protective arm around Yuki.

'She's mine.' She smirked evilly and stroked her cheek.

'Can't the both of you calm down? Apparently, no one notices me today.' Gyokko, the pot demon scowled.

'You look lovely as always, Gyokko-san.' Doma smiled at the grouchy demon.

'Hey, Nakime. When is Muzan-sama coming?' Doma asked the biwa woman who was sitting on the top, bowing her head.

'Muzan-sama is here.' She spoke.

Suddenly the tension became thicker as the shoji slid open, revealing the red-eyed demon lord. Everyone immediately showed their respect by bowing their heads, some even prostrate themselves.

His eyes immediately landed on the dead-looking girl, who just sat in a Seiza position, staring blankly at the demon lord.