Chapter 5

Yuki sat across Muzan as numerous types of food displayed on the dining table. Of course, Muzan will be dining in fresh human that was cut opened and organs and skins were cut into smaller pieces. A set of cutlery was placed beside the plate.

Muzan was pleased that Yuki never showed or hid her emotions of discomfort on what he was eating. Her expression showed nothing.

'Eat, my love. You need all the energy you need.' He smiled.

Yuki looked at her plate, staring at it like a child who doesn't know how to eat. Muzan already started digging in, but he paused as he looked up at her.

'What's wrong? Is the food too repulsive for your taste?'

She didn't reply to him and that angered him further.

'I order you to speak.' His voice suddenly turned cold and demanding.

'Nothing, I just dozed off a little.' She replied monotonously.

Her attitude tested the demon lord's patience. Muzan quietly finished his meal quickly before leaving the brunette behind.

He walked down the hallways of the infinity fortress, feeling rather annoyed and irritated.

Yuki finished her meal and left the table. She strolled back into her room, fell on the bed, her unvarying face staring at the ceiling.

Hours and hours...

The two of them continued their silent treatment for days. Days turned into months.

Muzan almost brought himself doing the same mistake twice, which was murdering the so-called love of his life. She was definitely different. Muzan desperately wanted to turn her into a demon but she was very wary of his malevolent interest and intentions for her so she managed to dodge the bullet all the time Muzan intended to trick her into drinking his blood. Yuki was incredulously smart compared to her old life, Muzan gave her credit for that, but it really irritates the demon lord as he failed because she outsmarts him.

Still, hating the feeling of being outsmarted, killing her will only bring him pain and regret and he knew that all along. He didn't want to go through the same torment and pain all over again.

Yuki never even paid any attention to Muzan at all. All she did was cooped up in her room. Reading books, staring at the ceiling blankly, enjoying a hot bath for hours, trying to learn how to write all by herself. Muzan wanted to interfere in her daily routines, but Yuki always shuts him out.

Their relationship slowly grew apart.