Chapter 9

After introducing everyone in the butterfly estate, including his friends and sister, Yuki was standing outside the open garden and staring at the dark sky, wearing her lingerie underneath her silky white kimono robe. Yuki was lost in thoughts, thinking about Muzan's reactions and actions after her disappearance. Does he care? He has a wife now, why would he bother.

She was lost in her thoughts, but she was wary. Turning her head around because she heard heavy footsteps approaching her. Tanjiro stood there smiling, holding up his signature checkered haori.

'What are you doing here, Yuki-san?' He asked, walking towards her.

'Thinking.' She simply replied.

'Well, you shouldn't be out here. I don't want you to catch a cold.' He said wholeheartedly while wrapping the haori around her.

'Thanks.'

The tension grew again, as both of them stood in silence, staring at each other. Tanjiro was slow, but he knew Yuki was a beautifully attractive woman. He found her elegantly staring at the night simply exquisite. No wonder Muzan kept her as his lover.

'Can I ask you a question?' Asked Yuki.

Tanjiro nodded with a smile that melts her heart away, but she quickly composed herself.

'Why are you so kind to me, even after I told you everything?' She asked.

'Because you're being imprisoned by him.' He simply answered.

'But he loves me. Well, that is what I used to think.' She mumbled.

'What's wrong?'

'He has a wife.' She said grimly.

'I know.'

'Yet the way he treated me...' She lowered her gaze.

'I'm sorry. You deserve so much better than a monster like him.'

'Why Tanjiro? I hung out with the man that killed your family. Why do you still treat me like this?' She clenched his haori.

'You don't deserve how he treats you like that. You're an amazing girl, Yuki-san and I think someone as amazing as you should enjoy life again.' He smiled.

'I wish to see you smile someday.' He said softly as his dark red eyes gazing into hers.

Yuki eyes widened. She knew she never smiles after her resurrection. She knew how Muzan wishes to see her smile and even ordered her to do so, but she refused. She knew she had the upper hand as Muzan didn't dare to touch her, much less hurt her. That fearsome and treacherous glare of his even made her felt bored. However, being asked by Tanjiro like this, made her heart leapt.

'R-right.' She looked away, her cheeks flushed.