Chapter 8

'What are you doing here, Yuki-san?' The boy from earlier named Tanjiro asked.

'I have nowhere else to go.' She simply replied.

'Oh, I'm sorry.' He quickly apologised.

Yuki stared at him, feeling weird about why would he apologised for something that didn't involve him.

'If you have nowhere else to go, maybe you can come with me. I'm going back to a friend's house and maybe you can crash there for a few days.'

'Better not. I don't want to trouble-'

'Oh, she's a nice friend. We demon sl- I mean, she likes helping people.' Tanjiro quicky straighten himself, like he almost told her a secret.

'I don't know-' Yuki looked down at her lap.

'Well, I am sure not leaving a homeless girl behind. So what do you say?' He smiled.

Yuki realised he smiles a lot. Not that it bothered her, it just kind of warms her cold heart for some reasons.

She finally gave in and Tanjiro smiled in victory. He grabbed her hand and guided her back to the butterfly estate. Yuki eyes stared at their intertwined hands. She felt his warmth and rough fingers and she knew, what kind of life this zealous boy had gone through. However, she loved his warmth.

'What do you want from me?' Yuki suddenly asked.

'Huh? What do you mean?'

'You came into the shop looking for someone and then you approached me. Is there something you want from me?' She asked.

He stopped and looked down, in silence.

'What is your goal bringing me there?' She asked further.

He finally turned to look at her with a weak smile on his face.

'You're a smart one, aren't you?'

Yuki shrugged.

'You smell like someone who killed my family.' He said softly.

'Me? I didn't-'

Yuki stopped. She seemed to get what he was referring to.

'What is your relationship with Muzan Kibutsuji? I can smell his scent all over you.' His face grimace.