First Steps

So my Friday morning at school started off normally until my best friend Becca came running to me to tell me some big news. "ADDY OH MY GOSH DID YOU HEAR DID YOU HEAR!!!!" Becca shouts. "hear what", I say calming her. "Your in the top 30!!!!",Becca says with joy. I freeze I didn't know what to think I knew I was supposed to squeal like an 8 year old but for some reason all I could do was freeze. "I didn't think I was that good.... I mean I knew I was better than a few people but not like top 30 people!", I say almost panicking. "Look you should be congratulating yourself I mean look at you!!you says Becca.

*That night after school*

After a long week of assignments and annoying teachers I decide to just sleep all weekend and not even feel bad about it. So I go upstairs to my bedroom as soon as I get home. Once I got into my bed I grabbed my laptop and put my Lady and the Tramp DVD into it. I put in the movie thinking I was going to fall asleep as soon as it started but surprisingly I didn't. As I watched it I kept think about my one-day Mr.Right. I dreamed of what would look like,what he would sing like, and I also wondered if I was ever gonna actually meet this person. When the movie ended I started to put my laptop away until I noticed a notification on my business email account which I'm supposed to check frequently but I never get any notifications on it so I don't see a reason to. When I opened the email a short video popped up. "Hello Miss Livingston.", said a strange man in the video. "I am Mr.Evans one of the main sponsors and judges of the "Young Talents" contest. I am contacting you because I am here to say that you are officially in the top 15 of the contest.... And with your permission we would like to fly you to our studio in Pittsburg to compete against the Young Talents Top 15. If you accept this offer please call us on the number below to accept your hotel and flight information.". Once I mentally process everything that had just happened I IMMEDIATELY call Becca. "BECCA I'M GOING TO PITTSBURG AND GONNA GO COMPETE ... BECCA I'M IN THE TOO 15.", scream into the phone. Somehow Becca understood my rambling and jumped for joy to hear that I was going. Then she obviously asked how many plane tickets there were and if she could go too. Considering that my dad doesn't know yet and I'm only 18 I stop and think and ask myself if this is what I want to do. But then I snap out of it for a minute and answer Becca's question. "Ummmm I can get up to 4 gueguests and I mean that's all I need because well it's just me, Becca , and my dad.". Becca's heart just swells with happiness and I finally in my life feel myself.