Chapter 22

"Boss! We've got company!"

Ms. Choi immediately got onto her feet, grabbing her pistol on the table. She peak through the windows of the building only to see that they are surrounded by patrol cars.

"Shit! How did they know we are here?!" Ms. Choi hiss before landing a smack on her man's head "Did you make sure that you guys aren't tailed when you brought them here?"

"100% sure ma'am".

"Ma'am! They penetrated the lower grounds, all of our men are dead".

"What are we going to do?! You told me that we'll be safe here!" Jiyeon spat, Ms. Choi cocked the gun towards her "You shut your mouth!".

The door suddenly shook as the SWAT members forced it to open, Ms. Choi opened the room where the girls are and she yanked Chaeyeon's hair before pointing the gun on her temple. The police were successful in opening the door.

"Put the gun down!" one of the police said, his gun is still pointing towards the principal. Hitomi and Chaewon was sneakily carried out of the building by the police.

"No! Put the gun down or I'll blow her head off!"

***

The others were in a separate van. Eunbi phoned Minju that they won't be going home early and the maknaes insisted that they want to be there too, their leader tried to reprimand them but they insisted and so, here they are.

Sakura is fidgeting on her sit. She's constantly gazing at the building, she was hoping that Chaeyeon and the others are okay. 

The van's door suddenly slid open and it was Chaewon and Hitomi, wrapped up in a jacket "Where's Jjaeyeon?" Sakura asked, her heart rate sky rocketed. 

"Ms. Choi held her captive, they are still bargaining" Sakura cried silently and Yujin pulled her in for a hug. Yuri has been silent for a while now, she has to do something.

Yuri opened the door again, confusing the girls and Yena "Joyul! Where are you going?!" Yena asked.

"I need to talk to my mom!" The police who were guarding the van was baffled when Yuri suddenly dashed towards the building. The other police held Yena in place, she tried to run after her girl but the others held her.

"Joyul!" She tried to scream but her girl didn't look back.

***
The tension inside the room is growing thicker. Chaeyeon's heart is pounding hard against her chest, she was sweating profusely as she listened to Mr. Kim and her dad, bargaining with the woman.

"I want all of your stocks under my name!" She yelled, the two business men exchange glances "We can't do that but, we can talk this over in a peacful way" Mr. Lee reached his hand out "Give me my daughter and we'll talk about this Sooyoung".

"Don't give him his daughter!" Jiyeon yelled from the side, Chaeyeon glared at her.

"They won't give us the money" she added. Sooyoung is in a catatonic state, her ability to make decisions has already been compromised due to the tension and nervousness. She held Chaeyeon tightly in her arms, the gun is still pointing on her temples.

"M-Ms. Choi" Chaeyeon grunted "Don't do this, think a-about Yuri. You're the only one she has".

Ms. Choi's gaze softens and she keeps on mumbling Yuri's name. The door opened again and it was her daughter "Mom! Stop it already!" the police were fast to shield themselves to prevent Yuri from going further.

"Y-Yuri".

"Mom! Give Chaeyeon unnie to us please, we'll settle this!".

Jiyeon is growing impatient with the drama, she snatch a gun from one of Sooyoung's men and shot Chaeyeon on the leg. The whole room was coated with tension once more, Yuri was taken out by Mr. Kim "No! My mom!" she was flailing but Mr. Kim held her firmly. Chaeyeon crawled towards the door and her father immediately carried her out. Jiyeon pointed the gun at Sooyoung and shot her, the police tackled Jiyeon down and handcuffed her.

She didn't show any remorse when she witnessed how Sooyoung slowly die infront of her.

***

"Chaeyeon!" Sakura dashed towards her girlfriend upon seeing her legs bleeding profusely. The paramedics were there and they hastily gave her some medical attention.

"I'm okay baby" she cooed, kissing Sakura on her forehead. Yuri soon came after, throwing herself in Yena's arms "Don't do that again okay? You scared me" Yuri nodded her head before burying her face on Yena's chest.

A few moments have passed and they saw a stretcher that is being pushed out of the building. Her body was covered with a blood-stained blanket and Yuri knew who it was. She grab the hem of the blanket, her hands were trembling as she slowly pull it down. It was her mom.

Yuri hugged her lifeless body and started to cry harder. It was such a shame that she wasn't able to spend more time with her nor, tell her how much she loves her mom "I'm sorry Ms. Jo, we couldn't do anything" one of the officer said. Yena pulled her away from the stretcher and let the paramedics load her body inside the ambulance.

Jiyeon came after with  smug grin on her face. The rest was fuming in anger especially Yuri, if it wasn't for this girl infront of her, her mom would've lived.

"It was such a shame that your mom wasn't able to pay her debts" she spoke "But no worries, I would let you and your friends pay for it" she then adverted her gaze towards Hitomi who is hiding behind Chaewon.

Chaeyeon needs to be in the hospital and Sakura insisted to be there with her. The rest of the girls were drove to their dorm. It was a long night for them and certainly, it was a night to remember.

---

The epilogue will be up shortly ehehehe thank you so so much for reading ^^