Chapter 21

Y/N POV

"The king..........he's our father."

I was shocked at first but I soon recovered from it and laughed my heart out.

"And I'm supposed to believe in that shit?"

"I would watch your mouth, if I were you missy."

"Yeah, sorry about that Jin but seriously Taehyung's telling me that you are king Do-yun's sons. How is that even possible?"

"Unfortunately it is the truth."

Okay now I'm really shocked.

"R..really?"

"Yeah............" Namjoon replied.

"B..but.......h..how......wh..........."

Jin sighed and turned to Taehyung.

"I think you should tell her."

"Are you sure."

"Hm."

"Tell me what?"

"It's a long story."

"I have all the time in the world."

Taehyung took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Our mother, she was a vampire. She fell in love with the emperor but she didn't know that he hated vampires. The king too liked her. But then, he didn't realize that she was a vampire............"

"How did he not realize that she was a vampire? Was he that dumb?"

Taehyung stared at me with raised eyebrows and then something clicked in my mind.

"Right. I didn't either. Continue."

"The king got our mother pregnant and found that she's a vampire. He made her a prisoner as soon as she gave birth and locked up the child with a horrible nanny."

"That child was me." Jin said and Taehyung continued again.

"He got her pregnant three more times just to see her suffer when he locked her children and treated them brutally. Our mother suffered a lot. She had to watch her own children get hurt. New borns struggling to live."

"At least, he...............he killed her. The mighty emperor of the Zephyr Empire killed our innocent mother just because she was a vampire."

I looked at Taehyung sadly. I knew that Do-yun was cruel........wicked for I had suffered in his hands too. Taehyung wiped his tears and started speaking again.

"He was going to kill us too but Prime Minister Choi convinced him and brought us here. In this gloomy black tower. We should have lived a luxurious life like normal princes, but we lived in this dark place."

"It was so cold. So cold at first. And no one to help us. We took care of each other on our own. Prime minister Choi would seldom come to check on us. Although he didn't visit that often but he was the closest to being a father figure to us."

"When our mother was pregnant with Namjoon hyung, she was suffering in a cell, while in the palace there was a woman pregnant with a human. She was the king's wife. It was her first child. That being Hoseok hyung."

"She gave birth to three princes who were pampered the most by the king. So while we were struggling to just stay alive, they were all leading a luxurious life. But we don't hold a grudge against them. It was not the princes' fault. Anyways, yes technically we are princes but we were never considered as one."

"We learned to live with that. We have good relations with our brothers too. They don't hate us like 'their' father. They love us like normal brothers."

I moved closer to Taehyung and patted his back soothingly.

"I'm sorry that all of this happened to you."

He gave me a small smile and nodded.

"But if you don't have access to the palace, how do you guys earn money? I mean, I have never seen you working."

This time Namjoon chose to answer my question.

"Um, you see the nobles in the palace are useless. They are practically just dumb old men waiting for their life to end. So we help Prime minister Choi in all the important matters of the empire and in return he gives us gold coins."

"But doesn't the king know?"

"That old asshole is usually busy wasting his time in parties or with his concubines. He doesn't even know that his precious gold is being given to the people he hates the most. His vampire sons. But sometimes, we also hunt. We kill an animal and sell it's meat in the local market."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why? You get gold coins. Why do you need to do that?"

"Um.........we like hunting so........."

"Oh"

Suddenly Jin turned to me and asked,

"Now it's your turn."

"Sorry?"

"Now you tell us your story."

"My story."

"Of course you have a story. You didn't just fall from the sky, when Taehyung found you."

I took a deep breath and sighed. My story wasn't exactly the best but I guess I could feel better if I share it.

"Fine. I'll tell you everything about my horrible past."