Chapter 22

Warning: mention of rape

Y/N POV

"I originally belong to the Symora Tribe............"

"The ones which lives near the northeastern border?" Namjoon asked.

"Yes. My father, was the head of our village. But due to some emergency, he had taken loan from king Do-yun but could not pay it back. The soldiers of the king came to our village and d..destroyed it. All males were killed including...........m..my father."

"Females and children of the village were sent to another village but they took my mother and me as hostages. We were forced to become servants in the palace. It was fine till there. We endured it. But............."

I took a deep breath to compose myself.

"One day, I forgot my way and got lost. I stumbled upon a big door and heard voices from the other side of the door. I heard about everything they were talking. Just as I was about to go, the door opened and the king came out with some of his ministers."

"He was infuriated when he saw me. I told him that I didn't hear anything but of course he didn't believe it. He threw me in a cage and tied me with chains and ropes for five months. My mother tried to protect me but they...........they killed her. Then the most horrible thing happened to me."

"The king came to my cage one night. He was drunk and.........and.........h..he raped me.........."

Loud gasps sounded in the room and in no time all the three vampires were surrounding me to comfort me. I didn't even realize that I had started crying.

"After that, he would often beat me and tell me to spill the truth and that what I heard, was supposed to be a secret. That's why I had so many bruises on my body.

" One month had passed and the torture continued. But one night a servant gave me a note which read Be Ready and led me out of the palace. I had no idea what was happening but continued to follow him."

"He pushed me out of the small door made for servants and told me that I was on my own. I was filled with questions but ran into the forest to save my life. That's when I met Taehyung. But I still don't know why that servant helped me."

Silence dawned on the room for a few minutes. Finally, Namjoon decided to break it.

"You said they tortured you because you heard their secret, right?"

"Yeah"

"Do you remember it?"

"No. I'm afraid not. Because they.........."

They kept staring at me, anticipating my answer.

".......electrocuted me."

All of their eyes widened even as they tried to control their jaw from not hanging open in shock.

"I regained some of my memory months later but I still can't remember the 'top secret' that got me tortured."

I sighed sadly.

"I'm sorry. You didn't deserve it." Jin comforted me.

"It's okay. We can't change the past. But I'm curious about one thing."

"What?" Taehyung asked.

"You said you all are brothers, right? So why is Yoongi's last name Min?"

"He took our mother's name. He didn't want to share the same name with the filthy man who we are ashamed to call father. We too wanted to change our names but couldn't."

"Why?"

"Prime minister Choi wanted us to keep the name, Kim. We couldn't deny him as he had done a lot for us."

"Oh and why didn't Yoongi come to meet the princes?"

"I don't exactly know. I guess he doesn't like humans."

Taehyung shrugged and said.

_________________

Third POV

The four continued to talk oblivious of the man listening to them, about whom they were just talking.