☀ Mortal Mirror

(Let's take a second to appreciate the beauty that is Luke Baines <3)

(Ok, now we're good)

The Mortal Mirror, also known as the Mortal Glass, is in fact Lake Lyn in Idris. It is the third of the Mortal Instruments given by the Angel Raziel to Jonathan Shadowhunter, the first of the Nephilim.

Consuming the lake's waters can be fatal to Nephilim, but it has no effect on Downworlders. For the Nephilim, the water causes hallucinations and may even drive them to madness.

So, next time you want get drunk, kindly drink this lake's water. It will do me good if a few of you die. Fewer idiots to deal with.

Before Jonathan Shadowhunter's had received the golden opportunity to meet Raziel, the lake was a was a black roiling tear in the fabric of the world, through which demons passed back and forth freely instead of the glittering blue body we see it as now.

For years, the location and information regarding the mirror remained unknown to the Nephilim, although the Lake Lyn has always been a part of the original legend of the Mortal Instruments. Lake Lyn was said to be the lake from which Raziel rose, holding both his cup and his sword to be given to the new race of warriors he created. Since Raziel's summoning at the lake and his dramatic entrance, it has been said to have been cursed.

Among the Fair Folk, Lake Lyn is known as the Lake of Dreams or Mirror of Dreams.

Article by starcrossedlovers_06