eleven

"And maybe... Your daddy should start his own happy ending with you and the person he is destined to be with."

╔═════════════════╗
╚═════════════════╝
˳⸙;; ❝ text ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗: life's a bitch

"Okay, everyone listen up." Yeosang started to call his students' attention, "So today, I will be giving you an activity where you would tell us about your favorite fairy tale or childhood story. You can even draw something to show how the story goes. So who wants to go first?"

At that moment, both Min Ji and Yeosang is sure that majority of the children would tell a story from Disney or some sort of stories that tell about cars or princes. But Min Ji has a special story to tell everyone.

"My favorite story is a story that my daddy would always tell me if I can't sleep." Min Ji started. While everyone told about a story of a princess falling in love with a prince, Min Ji's story is different.

"The princess fell in love with the peasant." She told them how the world is against them. How almost everything in life tried to separate them, and how everything just seems not to agree with their love. But in the end, it was still the both of them.

"Though the princess and the peasant did not end up living in the castle or being accepted, even the princess was removed as a princess or even if they are living in a small house at the town, they would proudly say that they have the best happy ending among any other fairytales."

A classmate of Min Ji named Yeo Reum stood up, "But the princess and the peasant had the worse life, right? How could they proudly say, 'and we lived happily ever after'?"

Min Ji smiled at her classmate's question as she remembers the last thing that her daddy would say when he finishes the story. While Yeosang is curious on how Min Ji would answer Yeo Reum's question.

"Yes, they may not be having the best life, but my daddy said that happy endings aren't always filled with happy and the best things. Daddy said that happy endings are about choosing to stay happy with the person you love the most."

"You stay with them through thick and thin. That you'd choose to stay with them even if the things are getting hard or if everything's fine. That you'd stay with them no matter happens. Because that is love."

"You cannot live without someone you love; like you mommies and daddies, that's why they're married. They chose to be together, and they chose to be one. Just like me and my daddy, we're still together, right?"

"But the difference of your happy endings to my daddy and mine is that you had a happy ending with the queen. Yet mine's a happy ending without the queen around." That's when Yeosang saw the glimpse of sadness in Min Ji's eyes.

It must've been hard for her to be longing for a mother's touch, a mother's love and even a mother's care. Though her dad and uncle's are around, there would always be that space in her that's filled with questions. "What is like to have a mommy around?"

After class, Yeosang noticed that Min Ji isn't the last to be left inside the classroom that's why he's wondering where she is. He locked the daycare and went to find her. He soon found her at the playground, sitting on the swing while looking down.

Yeosang went to her and asked what the problem is. "I just have a question that I can't answer until now." Yeosang noticed the faint tone of Min Ji's voice; the tone has a hint of sadness. "What is it?"

"Didn't mommy love daddy? Uncle Mingi said that I am made because mommy and daddy love each other. But why didn't mommy stay with daddy and me?" Yeosang's heart just broke. He was stunned as he noticed Min Ji holding back her tears.

Yeosang's face softened and he caressed Min Ji's back, "Maybe your mommy and daddy isn't destined for each other. Maybe your mommy is destined to someone else and your daddy too. Maybe your mommy has finally been at the happy ending you are talking about."

"And maybe... Your daddy should start his own happy ending with you and the person he is destined to be with. Because Min Ji, the princess and the peasant wouldn't be together until the end if they're not destined, right?"

"The world was against them to the point everything tried to break them apart. The queen, the king, the prince that likes the princess and once, even the peasant's parents right? But it was still them."

"Then daddy would be destined to someone who's really meant to be for him?" Min Ji asked after hearing Yeosang's explanation that seemed to at least make sense.

"Maybe. Destiny is playful. You don't know what destiny may bring. You don't know what would happen with destiny's game. So right now, just enjoy your time with your daddy because for sure, he'll start whining since he'll think that he's no longer your favorite person."

Min Ji giggled and agreed to Yeosang, knowing that his daddy would do that for sure. Then they started to talk about Jongho. But they didn't know that Jongho's just at the back while listening to their conversation.

"Maybe. Maybe it's time for me to start my happy ending with Min Ji and that someone." Jongho thought.

╔═════════════════╗
゚゚❀ note ❀゚゚
╚═════════════════╝
˳⸙;; ❝ text ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗: an update though it's late;
since i update in the afternoon every 
12PM PHT (Philippine Time)

˳⸙;; ❝ text ᵕ̈ ೫˚∗: anyways, i'm still stuck at
the sixteenth chapter but thank
you for reading~