eighteen

"So, there's this person I like."

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Daddy! Jongho was surprised with Min Ji running to him with a hug as her voice resonated across the Seongjoong's hallway. Jongho just chuckled and hugged his daughter.
"You missed daddy, didn't you?" Jongho teased Min Ji.

Min Ji gave a playful pout, "It was my first time not sleeping with daddy not around. We usually go on sleep over, right, daddy? So yes, I missed you!"

Hongjoong just smiled from afar when as he looked at the sight. Min Ji is really a ball of sunshine. They were both stopped when Seonghwa came with Seongjin bringing Min Ji's bag.

"You're too loud, Min Ji. We're indoors and you might wake up our neighbors. You don't need to shout." The eight year old boy nagged when he gave Min Ji's bag.

"You don't have to nag, Seongjin-a. You're already sounding like uncle Hongjoong when you could just explain it to me nicely." Hongjoong just laughed together with the two adults; though it seems like it. Seongjin's nagging has been a little too much this week.

"Alright, let's go, Min Ji?" Min Ji nodded and waved goodbye to Seonghwa and Hongjoong, as well as to Seongjin. They both walked in silence 'til they rode the bus.

Min Ji wasn't that talkative that time. Maybe because she just woke up an hour ago or is it because Yeosang's not around. Meanwhile, Jongho's just agitating about how he would approach Yeosang.

Should he just randomly go, "Hi, Sang. How about we go out around eleven am? Are you alright with that?" Or should he start off with compliments and drive a conversation 'til the both of them are comfortable?

He was frustrated with that thing. Well, what's even more agitating is how should he approach Min Ji about this thing. Won't Min Ji be awkward with him? Well, she has been surrounded by his friends so he's a little sure that, it won't be a problem.

But it's different, it's Jongho and not her uncles. What if Min Ji doesn't accept them? What if she's just really kidding with, "I won't complain if it's teacher Yeosang."?

"Daddy, we're here. Let's go." Jongho was woken up from his thoughts when he heard Min Ji. She smiled at him before going first after Jongho. Jongho then followed Min Ji as they once again walked towards their apartment complex.

"You're thinking about something, daddy?" Min Ji thought. Jongho just hummed, "Well, yes. But I'm going to tell you about it later. Let's go up first."

Once Min Ji has entered their apartment, she ran to the couch and plopped herself on that while she waited for her father to sit beside her. When Jongho did, she asked, "What is it daddy?"

"So, there's this person I like." Jongho started to say as he looked nervously at his daughter. "Is it a girl or is it a boy? A they?" Jongho was stunned with Min Ji's response.

He actually thought that she'd ask him about who is the person first. But he didn't expect her to ask one's gender. "This person is a he." He said. Min Ji's eyes widened as she was thinking of only one person that could possibly be the person her father likes.

"Who is it?" Min Ji's curiosity has been ruling all over her. She just wanted to hear those seven lettered and two syllable name: Yeosang. "Don't you feel weird about daddy liking a boy?"

Min Ji's eyebrows furrowed, it was never an issue for her if her daddy likes a boy. I mean, it was never unusual for her to see a couple of the same sex. "No, daddy. It's fine. Uncle Wooyoung has always told me that everyone could like anyone."

Min Ji's response made Jongho smile. If there's something he has always been thankful for his friends is that they would teach Min Ji the important values of acceptance and support.

"I told you daddy, I don't care who may they be as long as they care for us, right?" Jongho just nodded, "I'll tell you later but I wanted to tell you about the fact I asked this person if he wants to go out with me."

Min Ji's eyes once again widened as she started to clap her hands, "What did he say? Did he say yes?" Min Ji's eyes were now filled with hope that his father's response is something positive.

"Well, he told me that it depends on the time. But I haven't texted him yet about it. So I'm thinking about how should I approach to him." Min Ji gave a nod in response.

Only to realize what Jongho said, "You haven't texted him yet? Then you got his number? Then who is he?" Jongho stuttered for a bit before answering, "Your teacher Yeosang." Min Ji almost jumped from her seat when he heard who is the person that his daddy likes.

"Really? I'm so happy!" Min Ji giggled as she gave Jongho a hug. "I have always liked teacher Yeosang for you, daddy. You two really looked cute together."

"You think so?"

"Of course. You two would look like a cute couple if ever."