twenty three

"But two weeks after Eun Ha gave birth to Min Ji, she vanished into thin air."

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"I was wondering if it is possible to ask for some details of a student. By the way I am Lee Eun Ha, Choi Min Ji's mother." Yeosang stared at the lady in shock. No wonder how Min Ji was pretty; her parents really got the looks.

"Is that so, ma'am? Sorry but we can't disclose any information of our students without their guardian's consent." The lady nodded, "It's alright, and I guess I should just come back tomorrow."

Yeosang gave her a lost nod before looking at Min Ji. She was far enough not t hear the conversation. Yeosang knew that he could just tell Eun Ha that Min Ji's right in front of her; but he also knew that he should have Jongho's consent before doing such thing.

"Min Ji? Let's go now." Min Ji smiled and nodded. She ran beside Yeosang as they both went out of the center to go at Yeosang's car. "Daddy, who is the lady earlier?" Min Ji asked as Yeosang was getting inside the car.

Yeosang locked the car door before answering Min Ji. He gave Min Ji a smile, "She's looking for someone. But unfortunately, the guardian should be there before she could see that someone." Min Ji didn't answer back since it's not her business.

They have reached Yeosang's place and Min Ji grew comfortable in no time. Yeosang and Min Ji ended up making cookies when they suddenly got bored.

Yeosang and Min Ji spent the rest of the hours doing what they need to do; Yeosang planning the lessons for the following week and activities and Min Ji watching cartoons.

In the midst of the things they were doing, they both heard a doorbell. By that, Min Ji ran towards the door with Yeosang following her. "Daddy!" Min Ji gave Jongho the warmest hug as and carried her.

"Hello there, Min Ji." Jongho replied back and gave Min Ji a kiss on her cheek. His gaze went towards to Yeosang. Jongho smiled and leaned forward to give Yeosang a peck on his lips. "Hi there, Sang."

Min Ji giggled with the sight as Yeosang's cheeks turned bright red. "H-hey," Yeosang responded shyly, still shocked with the sudden act that Jongho did. "Let's go inside, hm?"

Yeosang silently nodded before Jongho went inside and Yeosang locked the door. Yeosang then found Jongho and Min Ji going at the kitchen followed with Min Ji's, "Daddy! We made cookies. You should taste it. Daddy Yeosang should be a chef!"

Jongho just giggled and sat across Min Ji inside the dining area. Meanwhile, Yeosang just have a smile plastered on his face while looking at Jongho and Min Ji.

He suddenly thought of what happened of earlier; speaking of what happened earlier, Yeosang sat beside Jongho and leaned on his shoulder. "Yes, Sangie, do you need something?"

Min Ji looked at them with a smile while she kept eating her cookie. "Can I talk with you about something?" Jongho's eyebrows furrowed while Yeosang turned to Jongho making his chin rest on Jongho's shoulder. "Privately,"

Then Yeosang turned to Min Ji, "Because I have something to say that you should hear first before Min Ji." Min Ji gave Yeosang a pout and Jongho just sighed, "Min Ji, daddy will tell you later okay? Go ahead and watch cartoons, okay?"

Min Ji just nodded at Jongho and took the plate of cookies. She ran towards the living room after saying a cute, "Bye bye!" That's when Jongho turned to Yeosang and held his hand.

"Want to go somewhere we're sure that Min Ji wouldn't hear us?" Jongho asked Yeosang once he saw that Yeosang was troubled. "The balcony, I guess?"

When the both of them reached the balcony, Yeosang let out a loud sigh. He rested his arms on the railings while Jongho hugged him from the back, burying his face on Yeosang's nape. "What is it, Sang?"

"Could you tell me what happened to Min Ji's mother?" Yeosang asked the question that Jongho didn't expect. Well Yeosang is currently his partner so he deserves to know.

"That time, when Eun Ha, Min Ji's mother and I had Min Ji, our parents weren't that supportive." Jongho stated, "Of course, we're too young back then. I was just nineteen, with Eun Ha who's just eighteen."

Jongho felt a lump on his shoulder as he could feel tears coming out of his eyes by any second. Raising Min Ji alone wasn't easy as how would it be said. There were a lot of hard times, but he was just thankful that Min Ji was his source of energy; so that he wouldn't give up.

"We decided to live together for the sake of Min Ji. We're both forced to drop off of our schools, but I didn't regret it; knowing that it was for our child. But then, I never had feelings for Eun Ha. In fact, what happened with the both of us was just a mistake of a night."

"But two weeks after Eun Ha gave birth to Min Ji, she vanished into thin air. I never heard anything about her after that." Yeosang faced Jongho and hugged him back.

Yeosang knew that going back to the past and thinking about it again wasn't easy. It isn't a memory that you could just remember anytime you want to; But a memory that Jongho wants to be erased.

"Why did you want to know all of a sudden?" Jongho asked Yeosang after breaking the hug. Yeosang composed his thoughts and held Jongho's hands once again.

"She went at the daycare earlier asking for Min Ji's information. But then, I don't want to give her anything without your consent. After all, you're Min Ji's legal guardian."

Jongho gave Yeosang a nod and a faint smile, "I know one day she'll come back and look for Min Ji. I just didn't expect that it was this late. She had to wait for six years just to look for Min Ji."

Yeosang gave Jongho a worried look, not knowing what Jongho may plan, "So what are going to do?"

"She still has the rights to see and know Min Ji. Even spend time with her so I'll let Eun Ha. But Sang, once she asked to have Min Ji, I'll make sure she wouldn't have Min Ji."