Chapter 23: Queen vs Queen

"Star! Stay awake!" Marco bursted, as he slammed the book in his hand against the table.
"Nnnhh huh?" Star struggles, holding her head up with her arm, trying her hardest to stay awake, she felt sooo heavy.

"Hmm, fine, let's take a break." He grunted in annoyance.

"Marco..I mean, if I'm like half asleep right? Do you really think I'm actually retaining any knowledge?" She appealed to her husband.

"Hm, guess you're right." He sighed.
"I'm sorry, I just really want to ..help you."

"Marco, you..You ARE helping me. I just don't think keeping us both awake,is helping, you know?"

"Yeah..."

"But lets compromise, let's go over the notes one last time and then go to bed. Yeah?"

"Yeah." He smiled, holding her cheek in his hand, brushing his thumb against her heart marks.

The next day.
"Okay Star..you sure you think, you're erm. Ready?" Eclipsa hesitated

"Ready as I'll ever be,but besides, I think I have it in the bag." Star exclaimed with a smile, nudging Marco, the two shared a knowing look.

"Overconfidence will drown you in a sea of reality." Eclipsa suggested

"Hmm?"

"Nothing deary, but go change into your debate clothes and we'll head out.

Being back on Mewni, Star was able to use her magic again. I mean,sure she could always use it, but she made a promise to only use it on earth when need be. But all bets were off on Mewni.
She magically poofed herself up a debate outfit. Closely modeled off of all the pictures of American earth politicians Marco has shown her. I mean, if they were gonna do democracy, might as well do it full force? Right? ...right?

Once again the stadium of Butterfly castle, was overflowing with Mewmans. I mean honestly this 'democracy' stuff was new to them, of course they would all gather in mass numbers to check it out, plus they would get to vote in a Queen for the first time ever.
There was plenty of chatter amongst the audience.
"Well I'm obviously voting for the Butterfly girl, the other queen seems..erm.."

"Yeah me too, but I'm voting for Star because of the work she did with us monsters."

"Hmm, Im not sure, I think I'm going to hear them out first."

"Our votes are going to be anonymous.. right?"

On the left side of the stage stood Queen Slitera, standing behind a podium. She had no notes, and she was in her regular royal attire. By her side was her most loyal servant, Darwin.

And on the right, Star Butterfly, all dressed up, her hair in a neat high bun. A white button up shirt, dark purple blazer, with high waisted dress pants to match it.

 A white button up shirt, dark purple blazer, with high waisted dress pants to match it