Chapter Four

*~*~*~*

if you ask me how i'm doin i would say i'm doin just fine

i would lie and say that you're not on my mind

but i go out and i sit down at a table set for two

and finally i'm forced to face the truth

no matter what i say i'm not over you

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

April 14, 2011

On Thursday April 14, 2011 Beckett Mark couldn't bring herself to even try to wipe away the smile that had filled her lips from the moment she woke up. A feeling of excitement filled the twenty year old's stomach as she found herself sitting in on her best friend's couch, nursing a cup of coffee. She hadn't bothered to even turn on the TV when she had moved out into the living room nearly an hour earlier. Instead she had opted to watch the street below through the window, watching as people started to go about their days-- people heading to work while children went off to school. To all of them it was like any other day but it wasn't for her.

KNOCK. KNOCK.

The woman's ear perked up at the sound of someone knocking on the front door. Her eyes darted towards the short hallway as she set her mug down on the coffee table before heading towards the door. She didn't bother checking the peephole before she unlocked and opened the door. Her smile only seemed to grow at the sight of two familiar faces standing in the hallway outside.

"Baby girl!" Gina grinned widely as she quickly stepped through the door to pull the young woman into a hug.

"Morning to you too," Beck chuckled as she returned the older woman's hug. As soon as Gina's arms left her frame she found herself quickly pulled into another tight embrace by Jason, the man lifting her clear off her feet for a moment.

"You ready for this, Becky?" Jason pressed a kiss to the top of the Mark woman's head before they separated. The woman couldn't help but chuckle softly at the familiar nickname. Though he had given it to her when she was only six or seven years old she hadn't actually heard the nickname in years.

"More than ready," Beck didn't need to think twice about her words. There wasn't a shred of doubt in her mind that she was ready for what was to come in just a few short hours. Despite only being twenty, she was ready to get married.

"Well don't you look like hell?" Jason and Beck's attention were pulled away from each other by the sound of Gina's voice. The pair turned around to find the Vance woman's eyes trained on a half-asleep Thayne stumbling down the hallway, his hair a mess as different pairs stuck up in all directions.