Chapter Twelve

*~*~*~*

can't seem to hold you like i want to

so i can feel you in my arms

nobody's gonna come and save you

we pulled too many false alarms

we're goin' down

and you can see it too

we're goin' down

and you know that we're doomed

my dear

we're slow dancing in a burnin' room

*~*~*~*

*~*~*~*

June 7, 2014

After the final curtain call with the over-the-top dance with some of the BAM's dancers, Beck found herself happily milling about the building's lobby with the rest of the audience and cast-- everyone buzzing with comments about the show. It hadn't taken long afterwards for Antwaun and Alex to both find the Starr woman, large smiles filling both of their faces.

"Ass-holes!" Beck broke the word apart as she landed a punch on each of their arms.

"What'd we do?" Antwaun feigned cluelessness.

"You two knew he was gonna do that, didn't you? Force me onstage?" She narrowed her eyes at both men.

"Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law," Alex shrugged.

"Sleep with one eye open. Both of you," Beck threatened.

"Oh, quit being a drama queen." The trio all turned around, only Beck recognizing Gina and Jason as they approached her with Thayne in tow. A proud smile filled the former's lips as she pulled Beck into a hug. "You were fine up there, sweetie. And your choreography was spotless."

"You coulda told us you were back in touch with Anthony, though," Jason chimed in.

"Back in touch?" Thayne, Alex, and Antwaun all questioned at the same time. Their gazes quickly landed on the Starr woman, questions swimming in their eyes. As far as any of them knew, she had only met Anthony after being dragged out to the club with Delia and Thayne.

Beck's jaw locked as she shot the Vance man a hard look, silently cursing his mistake. This had been part of the reason she hadn't told them about the show. She knew that they wouldn't understand the fact that she was hiding who she really was from Anthony, that she had outright lied to him about never knowing him. Of course, she should've expected the possibility of Anthony-- or someone in his family-- inviting them to the show's premiere. After all, Jason and Gina had been just as big a part of the Ramos children's lives as they had Beck's.